iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where's Da Venison

Started by chet, November 23, 2003, 06:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duane_Moore

went to Teton Park Wyoming last week, saw the perfict deer  was about to shoot him, fork horn, about 50lbs, then this Big 6pt Bull Elk steped in the way and wouldn't move, didn't want to use my elk tag on no old bull, then the deer left, didn't get a shoot,, if ya like that bull story let me know I full of bull stories
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

hiya

Here in Md. gun season just started today. I got a nice doe. should have about 4 or 5 but my gun and I weren't seeing eye to eye. Seen a nice buck , but like eating doe better.
I have three more Saturdays yet. Want to fill thefreezer.Hardly eat beef anymore.
RichardinMd.

Don P

Just got partway back from the family gathering, mother in law's tonite, home tomorrow. A nephew got his first, a nice doe, good shot  8). There was a bunch of smilin goin on up there.

We were sitting around the fire, talking deep subjects. The afterlife, reincarnation, who had to make the next beverage run, that kind of thing. M, said she wants to come back as one of our dogs. Lay in the sun and do nuthin One of the b-i-l's says he believes in that reintarnation. I say re-in-tar-nation...what's that?
Oh, that's when you come back as a hillbilly... ::)

Vegetarian: Old Indian word for poor hunter.

Norm

Today was the first day of our deer season in Iowa. I went out by myself as both of my sons have to get paid tags which are only good for one of our split seasons. After getting chores all done and Patty off to do some Christmas shopping I headed down to the creek in the tractor. We have snow on the ground so it makes it real easy to spot anything moving. I sat in the tractor waiting for it to get light enough for shooting and headed out to my favorite spot that overlooks the valley the creek runs through. No more than 10 yards goes by and a doe jumps out of some heavy brush turns broadside to me and sticks her tounge out at me. It's so thick that there's no way to get a shot off so I just watch as they trot off. Another 20 yards and here's another one. Wait a minute this ones got antlers. Lets see 8 maybe 10 points. Of course my shot goes nowhere near him and he runs off in the same direction the does went. Spent the next couple of hours wondering why I didn't put on my long underwear. Back to the house for a quick breakfast and long johns. Dry socks and I'm ready. I headed to another small grove of trees and spook up a half dozen does. They aren't sure what I am and in a couple of hours start working their way back. At about twenty yards I picked the best shot and he drops on the spot. All right got him in the head, no meat wasted there. Course I was aiming for the heart but what the heck it's a clean and quick kill. I get the tractor load em up and bring him back to the shed to peel the hide and remove the innards. Been a great day but I'm pooped and Patty's back from shopping.

EZ

Good job Norm.
Here in Ohio it's deer gun season, started last Monday. Miss the first three days of it, got a peace of metal in my eye and when I would pull up, everything was blurry. Eye is better now so I been out trying to get the big boy. Will here it is the last day of gun season and still have'nt got one. Now I would do anything to just get a shot at a doe. :D In for lunch be back out their in a little bit, to get the big one, NOT. ;D
EZ

Norm

Thanks EZ, I wrote that Saturday nite but didn't get around to posting it until this morning.

We were drinking coffee this morning when we saw 12 does and one lucky buck come out of the woods where I got the button buck. About twenty minutes later 19 of em came out of the valley where the creek runs. All of em where on a dead run with their tounges hanging out. They'd been running for quite a while. I came in at noon and Patty and I stripped out the loins and ground the reast into burger. This is for a neighbor that after 30 some years of marriage found herself divorced and broke. Only took a couple hours and made us feel good to help someone out.

Paul_H

Norm,
That was a very good thing you and Patty did for the neighbor lady.It speaks volumes.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

EZ

Always makes a person fill so good to do a good deed.
Well back to bow hunting. ;D
EZ

Norm

Thanks for the kind words Paul and EZ, my sons are the same age as hers' so we've known each other since we moved to this part of Iowa some 15 years ago.

The weather has taken a nasty turn so I'll not do any more hunting unless one runs through the back yard. Second season starts next weekend. My oldest son is going to be home from Germany during it so I'll get to hunt with him for a few days and my youngest son will take some days off to hunt with us. Nothing makes an old dad happier than to spend some time in the woods with his sons. 8)

Fla._Deadheader

AMEN to that last statement, Norm. Ya done good with the neighbor, also. Proud to know you and Patty.  ;) ;) :) :)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

EZ

My son at 23 yrs old is just to busy with all his running and party time to do anything with me. But I do understand and I do love him dearly.
My one son-in-law, Matt is pretty much top of the line. The poor kid aint ever really had a dad to show him anything when and now. He went deer hunting with me over the week end. First I must remind you all that this boy is 5ft 10inches- 240 lbs. He kick a nice big doe up and mist, after he shot the first time the doe stop and stood there about 50 yards from him. He just stood there aiming, next thing I seen he lowered his gun and the doe took off. I walk over to him and said what happen Matt. He said boy this gun sure does kick hard, I didnt want to shoot again cause I thought the second shot would break my arm. ??? ;D I just had to laugh because of the size of this boy. Bless his heart tho, cause he sure has a big one.
EZ

Thank You Sponsors!