iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kiln services near Hampton Roads?

Started by Smithkp, September 08, 2018, 12:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smithkp

Anyone know who offers kiln services close to Hampton Roads? (Chesapeake) I am not going to be able to get my kiln built anytime soon and I have a large amount of wood that needs to be dried.
Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Southside

I am west of there by about an gouhand half to two hours. Is that too far for you?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Smithkp

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Southside

I sent you a PM with my contact info. If we do any business I will send Jeff the standard 5% the Forum gets for assisting with sales. 
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Lawg Dawg

Quote from: Southside logger on September 09, 2018, 08:02:13 PM
I sent you a PM with my contact info. If we do any business I will send Jeff the standard 5% the Forum gets for assisting with sales.
SS sounds like you setup really good, sawmill, and kiln, and planer/molder
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Southside

Dawg -

In my market I found I needed the ability to offer rough and finished products to stay busy, there are customers for each, but not enough of one or the other to stay where I want to be. 
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Bnewman712

Can you send me all your info too please

Osorika

Quote from: Southside logger on September 08, 2018, 12:46:29 PM
I am west of there by about an gouhand half to two hours. Is that too far for you?
Can you handle 170,000 bf of Sapelli green lumber from Africa?

Wudman

Quote from: Osorika on November 26, 2018, 03:43:40 PM
Quote from: Southside logger on September 08, 2018, 12:46:29 PM
Can you handle 170,000 bf of Sapelli green lumber from Africa?
Looks like you just hit the Nigerian lottery.  That should keep you running for a while. ;D
Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

DR Buck

I'm a little over 2 1/2 hours west on US 460.   Farmville.   I have a DH kiln that will hold about 1800 bf per load.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!