iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqy 357xp cylinders

Started by micky boy, November 23, 2005, 05:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micky boy

I am thinking of bringing my dead 357xp back into life with a new piston/cylinder. Just as a reminder to my previous post on this saw, the little pin that positions the ring on the outlet side of the piston came out and jammed the piston in the cylinder, seriously damaging both. The saw has been on the shelf since.
Would it be acceptable to clean the crankcase (extremely well) and just run with a new piston and cylinder, assuming the bottom end isn't damaged. The saw stopped quickly and I can't see that any other metal damage would have occured. The pin was lodged in the cylinder and the ring did not break so no chunks of metal got grinding.
Also I have access to a new 357xp piston/cylinder with the button decompressor valve. Will this one replace the cylinder that was there- the rubber pipe type.
I am only looking at doing this to save the cost of a full rebuild
Thanks
I
Three Five Seven............Chainsaw Heaven

ehp

how fast was the saw running when it quit, the only thing I would really be worried about is the rod got  bent and breaking once you fire it up with the new jug and piston.

micky boy

The saw slowly  came to a stop, finishing with the piston at the top of its stroke.
I didn't stop dead.
Three Five Seven............Chainsaw Heaven

ehp

Then if you make sure  you have the crankcase clean you should be fine to go as long as you think the seals and bearings are fine

Thank You Sponsors!