iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

a Silly little project.

Started by Old Greenhorn, January 27, 2019, 06:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

I think we are just sharing experiences. If I had known it was a discussion I would have worn a clean shirt :).  It seems that a lot of the demographic on this board is folks that like to solve problems, make things, be creative, and have some fun with their skills. Unfortunately, this is not something you can get from college alone. I have met many folks, like Doc, that worked on the front line to pay for their college education. The experience and knowledge they got from that work was not only directly applicable to their education, in many case it was just as valuable and made them, in the end, much better at what they chose to do than most folks because they understood in detail, what the end result was supposed to look like, and how it was achieved. 
 I wonder how many MBA's are FF members? I have a guess.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

GAB

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on January 30, 2019, 09:57:17 PM
I think we are just sharing experiences. If I had known it was a discussion I would have worn a clean shirt :).  
The above statement made me chuckle.  You do not need to don a 3 piece suit, white shirt and tie and well shined shoes for a telephone interview especially when on a telephone with no camera.  
Once when I was stranded by the airlines and separated from my suitcase, I showed up for my interview wearing wellingtons, cordoroy pants, a western wear shirt, and a jacket.  Met the interviewer at the airport then went to the baggage claim and picked up my suitcase, and off to the interview.  I did get the job.
Gerald  
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

doc henderson

I guess it does not matter what you wear on the outside, but according to MM and my grandmother, it is important to wear clean underwear.  I am sorry if this has now fallen below the threshold of a discussion!!!   :D  .  see recent posts in "whatcha sawin"
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

Yeah, that thread did get a little derailed, but it happens so often over there that I barely noticed. :) ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!