iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maxed out my Woodmizer on a hard maple log (Video)

Started by 123maxbars, September 11, 2016, 02:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

I finally wrapped up a good week of sawing walnut and maple last week on Friday.

This hard maple log had been on the ground for about two years and maxed out the LT35.

Thought you guys would enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMGTEEcrSnU
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

drobertson

Very enjoyable!  Thanks for sharing part of your day! Pretty stuff!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ladylake

Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

WV Sawmiller

Thx for sharing. I hope you bookmatched several pairs of those slabs and keep them together for folks wanting to make wide tables or other projects.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Percy

Cool vid!!! Sunglasses, no sleeves, big guns wrassling big slabs. If I ran into you in the bush whilst you were cutting, Id be nice.  ;D ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

teed

Nice work on the video, really enjoyable to watch.
And nice fine boards to  ;D
On my homestead, I mill with.
Logosol B1001 bandsaw mill
Woodland mill HM122 bandsaw mill
Logosol F2 with Speedsaw E5 chainsaw mill
Logosol Farmers with Stihl MS391 and MS661

customsawyer

Nice video. Just FYI one of the quickest ways to kill your battery is running hyd. with out the engine running. Especially when doing a heavy log that is maxing things out.  ;)
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Deese

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

tnaz

Thank You Sponsors!