iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pecan Pies

Started by Magicman, July 20, 2015, 07:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Pat needed to make two Pecan Pies for an upcoming special occasion. 

The crust gets rolled out and carefully placed into the pie plates.

Then patted down,

Next is that "woman" thing with the crust edges.

Her 50 year old recipe gets poured into the pie shells.  This secret recipe was 25 years old when she got it, and this year is 25 years that she has been using it.

Into the oven they go for 55 minutes.

Baked and onto the cooling racks.   food6     
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

Did she make one for you too? I do love a good pecan pie.  Like to use Steens in them.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You have got my attention!  food6 food6 food6 food6 food6
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

samandothers

oh man!!!!

Straight or with a hit of vanilla ice cream!!

Magicman

Quote from: LeeB on July 20, 2015, 07:45:13 PMLike to use Steens in them.
You have got me there??  Steens??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

ScottAR

If you want to change it up sometimes a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter in the "batter" is mighty good. 

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Magicman

Quote from: samandothers on July 20, 2015, 07:53:25 PMStraight or with a hit of vanilla ice cream!!
Not for me but for the "upcoming special occasion".   ;D   :)

Magicman

WV Sawmiller

I think it should be illegal to post pictures like that. They sure look good and I know they taste even better. Congrats to you and Mrs. MW.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on July 20, 2015, 09:19:11 PM
I think it should be illegal to post pictures like that. They sure look good and I know they taste even better. Congrats to you and Mrs. MW.

You gotta watch Magic, he'll throw some'n good up on the screen before the flour dust settles.  :D :D :D

thecfarm

Them sure do look mighty good!!!! No matter how pecan is spoken.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

The Pecan Pies are baked, frozen, and ready for their trip North next week.   ;D

thecfarm

Magicman,your self control is much better than mine. The pies would not of seen the cold of the freezer this far North.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

But this will be their first (and last) Pig Roast.   food6 digin1 digin_2

stihltoomany

:oYou must be stopping by to share those pies with me. I'm north.
Way too many saws, mostly STIHL
Bobcat S650, Bobcat 331 excavator Bobcat A770
and other dirt toys
Looking for hyd bandsaw mill, Timberking used maybe? NOT anymore!
WoodMizer LT40 super

Magicman

How 'bout I just meet you at the Pig Roast?   ???

BradMarks

Man those look good, at least two lumps in the back of the throat when eating. Remember the little "Bama" pies in the tins, growing up those were a treat.  But MagicMan, not knowing "Steens" cane syrup could be considered negligence by a southerner ;D :D

LeeB

I was appalled to say the least.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

21incher

They look great. Some secrets should be shared so they can be enjoyed by all. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

Quote from: LeeB on July 21, 2015, 02:39:44 PMI was appalled to say the least.  :D
Now LeeB, think what you are saying.  :o  I grew up eating Blackburn Syrup which is a TEXAS product.   ;D

LeeB

Tam-i-am

those were the best pecan pies I have had.

Glad I was able to have the very last piece at the PR.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Jeff

I got the very last piece Tamiam!  They hid one in the house for me and I got to eat it Sunday morning! :)   It was outstanding!  (Delish)  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Well heres my story.....I have been talking about those Pecan Pies since they first made their picture debut in Magics post.
I saw those pies when they put them on the table.
But this being my first year, I stood back and let everyone else fill their plates before me so I could record videos of the members slobbering over all the food as they filled their plates.

After the crowd got their plate and found a spot to eat at the tables, I went through the line.
I have to give PatD credit......your Pecan Pies are soooo good even of I had to lick the metal pan.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!