iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ID Help

Started by DaltonH-WV, December 12, 2018, 08:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaltonH-WV

Few of these on one part of the property. I am pretty much clueless..

I am located south of Huntington WV, not too far from KY. If it's a regional species or something.

Thanks!

WDH

Genus Celtis.  In the elm family.  It is hackberry.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DaltonH-WV

That was fast! Thank you! 

Any particular use of it? Quick search said softwood but good for wildlife.

The few of them I have are nearby a water hole that has lots of deer tracks during the year. 

WDH

Beautiful grain but difficult to dry straight and flat because it has spiral grain like all the elms.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

KEC

I concur, hackberry. In the seventies I hauled logs for a hardwood mill in Central New York. A tree length hackberry tree came in with a load and nobody could ID it; they got someone from the college of forestry to ID it. It occurs sporadically here, I have come to learn. Kinda middle of the road fuelwood.

Woodpecker52

birds love the berrys
Woodmizer LT-15, Ross Pony #1 planner, Ford 2600 tractor, Stihl chainsaws, Kubota rtv900 Kubota L3830F tractor

Jeff

Quote from: KEC on December 12, 2018, 10:15:43 PMKinda middle of the road fuelwood.

And at the top of the list in firewood splitting difficulty!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!