iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My wood shed.

Started by tacks Y, May 29, 2020, 08:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tacks Y

This is what I set up.

I have painted the top black.

Should I seal all the holes and door? I have some wood out of the kiln from last year in an open shed. It is now 11-12 percent moisture. If I put it in here will it drop back down or do I need it back in the kiln? It is dead stacked now. Thanks for any help.

doc henderson

Ideally if the wood is intended for an eventual indoor air conditioned space, it would be re-stickered and put in the kiln (best, fastest) or in your storage with a dehumidifier (second best and slower).  depending on your target MC, it can be re-deadstacked at that MC and maintained in a climate controlled space.  most shoot for about 7 to 8 % moisture content.  yes seal all the holes.  the black roof will get some heat inside and help move the water.  If it is kiln dried then the heat will not make a huge difference.  I would monitor the relative humidity in the storage space and shoot for around 40%.  if the box is for storage, do not put kiln dried 7% in with the air dried 12%.  It would be best to kiln dry to 7%, dead stack, and store in the container at a RH of around 40% on average.  IMO
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!