iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

After the sanity check!

Started by Satamax, August 16, 2017, 04:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satamax

Guys, how do you call that frame with the two triangles? In French, it's called "une bêche" . you lower it with the winch, before winching your trees.  And raise it back up afterwards. It's in my opinion, very  slow. And not very practical. 

I'm juste wondering if it's worth keeping for the moment. 

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Crusarius

Do you have hydraulics on that? I think I would make it go straight up and down with a hydraulic ram. I do think your going to want to keep that. When you start winching without it those 4 little tires won't have much holding power.

Satamax

Hi Crusarius.

Thanks for the reply.

Nom hydraulics on it. 

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

mike_belben

Chop it off and repurpose it into a hydraulic butt plate with a good bottom lip that can both support logs, and dig in to stop the truck from being dragged.  Power down will also lift your truck oilut of the ruts it sinks into for cribbing stuff under the tires.  Polish skidding tractors tend to use these if you want examples
Praise The Lord

Satamax

Thanks a lot Mike. Well checked leśnictwa tractors. To no avail. But i have gear to slide a log basket up and down.  Except the hydraulic cylinders. 

Satamax

I think i know what you mean.

Like this.

mike_belben

Exactly.   1 blade at each end with power downpressure should mean tire changes and getting unstuck are pretty easy. 
Praise The Lord

Satamax

Bad surprise today, 

the two stubs that i thought were threaded underneath, aren't. So i need a backplate! :( 

I will definitely have to move the original roller fairlead. And it will be hard to get out without cutting pieces i don't want to cut! 

Well, that's life! 

mike_belben

What isnt threaded.. The winch housing mount flange?  What do you mean by backplate.. Got a pic?
Praise The Lord

Satamax

Hi Mike, you see the stub, under the rectangular plate with four bolts, on the cross piece on the chassis? Under the two left bolts. I thought it was threaded.  And it isn't. I might thread it! But, i wonder about the oil which is supposed to go in there. 

As for the back plate, i need something matching this to affix the winch. I see two U channel, with a crosspiece, welded to the fake chassis. 

Well well well! 

Satamax

Change of plan regarding the roller bearing,  and presenting the pto approximately where it should go. 

Satamax

The roller fairlead will go down the height of the C profile bellow.  

Satamax

I haven't touched this thing much since last year. But there is a change. 

I get rid of all the carco winch, tiny roller fairlead, top frame etc. 

And i have bought the rear end of this sight unseen. 

We'll see if this isn't another failure of mine! 

Hope the gearmatic doesn't need a full rebuild. 

And that it will be easy enough to adapt. I hope the command handle is there. The guys asked a smidge more money than we originally agreed, 1800€, 300€ more than i offered. I'll try to scrounge the blade!  ;D

Can anybody tell me if it's a 9 or 19? Or may be if i'm lucky, a 20? 

Thanks a lot guys. 

Ed_K

From what I can see in the pict, it looks like my 19. There's a lot of info here to be able to work on it.
Ed K

teakwood

A gearmatic winch on a deere skidder?? i thought they all had  deere winches.  The frame looks exactly as my 540A
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Satamax

You know Teakwood.  In France, it's the land of bits and bobs! With the sequels of the marshall plan, often US equipment came here in parts. And assembled here. So that could be why. Of the winch broke, and the gearmatic has been adapted afterwards. 

Thanks a lot guys! 

Satamax

Guys, do you think i shed bucks to fit bigger tires on the latil? 

The same as on the brimont, 13.00r20. 

I have 11.00r20 on it for the moment. I have chains for those. 

The latil has been fitted with 11x24 - 14,5x20 - 14,9x24 - 16x20

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Satamax

Well, i had to look it up! 

And, i know these are in a barn, somewhere, hidden, and not really for sale. 

Satamax

Some of the parts i need! ;D

Ed_K

I see pict's but what parts do you need?
Ed K

Satamax

All of it, rollers with the "stance"  winch, all the hydraulics, log basket. 

I have bought the whole rear end :D

Plankton

Looks like a 19 to me, if it's been sitting long you'll be into the brake and clutch side no doubt. There finicky but once you know what's what they are easy to work on I've found. 

Satamax

Hi Plankton.

I guess i'll have a sniff under those covers!

All i hope, is that i don't have to do the brake band and clutch packing.

I have seen several threads here about gearmatics!

I really wanted one, because, in the end, i might be able to remote control it.

Ed_K

It would be real easy to set up remote control on a 19.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!