iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Used sawmill value for insurance

Started by TGS, December 08, 2012, 11:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGS

How would a person ever put a price on their sawmill for insuring it? I've got a B20 with about 250 hours and really have no idea.

Tom the Sawyer

I suspect your agent would tell you to figure replacement value.  If you had to replace your mill with a similar one you would check the listings for B-20s with comparable age, options and hours.  B-20s are pretty popular and you should be able to get a reasonable value for your insurance purposes.  Anything you find, print it out and save it for your documentation. 
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

sawmillhand

I have just got a quote on my sawmill its a 1990 model  and i had to call woodmizer and give them the hours and year and they sent back what they thought the mill was worth then i forward it to the insurance man that is a sponsor on the forum. By the way Margeson & associates are very help and will work with anyone anywhere. I work on a oil rig and it took a couple days to get all the information together and they was very patient and helpful. You might be able to call timberking and see if they can give you a estimate
1990 woodmizer LT40 Hyd  2004 Ford F350 Flatbed. Plenty of tractors.

TGS

Yeah margeson is who I'm dealing with. They're really friendly folks.

MAI

Hey Guys,  DJ here at Margeson's.   I always tell sawyers to call the manufacturer and ask for the current value of a mill based on year, model and hours.  They typically will give you a price range.  Sawmillhand,  when you are on solid ground and ready, we're ready.  Hi Tom,  haven't spoken with you in a while, hope all is well.

Paper Maker

I have a 1999 B-20. I have it insured for 20,000.00. My agent let me pick the amount. The more I insured it for the the higher the premium.

Okrafarmer

I think I'll be talking to you soon, DJ!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Jasperfield

Okrafarmer,

If I were you I'd talk with him sooner rather than later.

South Carolina is one of the places where my stolen mill may have gone.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Jasperfield on December 13, 2012, 10:00:01 PM
Okrafarmer,

If I were you I'd talk with him sooner rather than later.

South Carolina is one of the places where my stolen mill may have gone.

We are changing our business structure, and this is a good time frame for adding the insurance. But I am lining the duckies up on the whole transition thing, so insurance is one of the pieces and it will have to be dealt with in proper timing.

BTW, I'm quite certain my mill is not yours!  ;D Remind me again what model of mill you lost, and what identifying features it has?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

MAI

Coverage can be based on the Actual Cash Value (ACV) of a mill which is (Replacement Cost less Depreciation).  That's why we always recommend contacting the manufacturer for the current market value price range of their mill.  Then they have a pretty good idea what their mill is actually worth.

Thank You Sponsors!