Main Menu

Sponsors:

Poll: Cloned meat

Started by Ron Wenrich, January 28, 2007, 08:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beweller

The mystery of K-rations was how the material in the sealed can came to taste just like the wax coating the carton smelled.

Coming back through a replacement depot, I found I could time my arrival in the chow line such that when I finished the line was very short and I could wash my mess kit and get back in line.  By the time I had finished that serving, the line was gone and they where serving seconds, and I could fill up again.

I was in the repo depo for about a week, and almost got filled up.
Beweller

Mooseherder

Seen a Corp. Memo today being prepared and sent to all our Meat Suppliers to inform them we will not carry, nor consider any commodity derived from cloned animals or their progeny.  It does not meet our specifications (and some legal mumbo-jumbo) All products being supplied have to be derived solely from conventionally bred animals. There is a certification, audit and verification process thru out the supply chain that suppliers also have to agree with also if they want to do business.

Also,
2 of the 3 irradiated items we carry are being discontinued because of no to little movement.