iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Waterfall scenes

Started by pigman, November 29, 2005, 01:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman

While on a short trip this fall to WV took this picture of the waterfalls on the Shavers Fork of the Cheat river.  I know it is not Niagara Falls, but I thought it was real pretty.  Show us your best waterfall pictures.

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

SwampDonkey

Piggyboy, I'm waiting for development of some film for pics of the Kilmarnock waterfalls. I'll dig through my stash here to see what I might have in the meantime. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Salmon jumping at Big Falls on the Humber River in Newfoundland. (July '84)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

SD
You should seek the help of some of our 'resident' members, as they could make that salmon (I really think I can see it) look much bigger.  :)

Still nice pic of the waterfall (and the salmon). Da they call that a 'fingerling'  ??? :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

It's a 3 lb Grilse, roughly in the middle of the picture. Did you know that male atlantic salmon as small as smolts can breed? A smolt is the size that first returns to sea, bigger than a parr. ;) I coulda edited the pic to blow up the fishy, but I was adherring to the topic about waterfalls. ;D

Here a picture of different sized Atlantic Salmon. The hook bill on the bottom (top picture) is an adult male, the sow atlantic salmon grow to be the largest. (not largest salmon, although the record caught on artificial fly is 72 lbs bottom pic)

pigman

This waterfall was seen in several scenes in a movie. Can anyone name the movie and the location of the waterfalls.

Radar67

Here are a few I took while on vacation this past summer.

Yellowstone

Yellowstone

Rough Lock Falls, SD
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

pigman

This is a picture of the lower falls of the Yellowstone River. I know it looks kind of fakey, but that was how it looked when I took the picture.

Radar67

Pigman, I got several of the Upper and Lower Falls. They looked pretty close to what you took. I figured a lot of people were familiar with them, so I selected a couple that were on the way out of the park toward the Tetons.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

crtreedude

No snow in this one - you will notice people at the base so it isn't small (about 30 meters)

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Paschale

Quote from: pigman on November 29, 2005, 11:02:53 PM
This waterfall was seen in several scenes in a movie. Can anyone name the movie and the location of the waterfalls.

Is that from Last of the Mohicans?
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

pigman

Quote from: Paschale on November 30, 2005, 10:27:05 PM
Is that from Last of the Mohicans?
Correct on the movie. 8)
Now, where is the waterfall located?

Jeff

Just upstream from that gravel bar.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pigman

Quote from: Jeff B on November 30, 2005, 11:54:24 PM
Just upstream from that gravel bar.
No gravel bar below those falls, just big bolders.

solodan

this one is not small either. 620 ft/189 meters

but not as tall as this one
upper

lower

upper, middle(which can not be seen from below)and lower

2425 ft/739 meters

Paschale

Quote from: pigman on November 30, 2005, 11:45:29 PM
Correct on the movie. 8)
Now, where is the waterfall located?

Is it in North Carolina?  I know some scenes were filmed near Lake James...but I know there aren't any waterfalls nearby...but some other parts were filmed there...so I'm saying:  North Carolina?   ???

Furby

Finally got the scanner working! ::)

Yosemite N.P.

Smoky Mt. N.P.

Grotto Falls - Smoky Mt. N.P.

Moss Glen Falls

Mt. Rainier N.P.

Sliding Rock

I like the last one as you are allowed to slide down it.  ;D

pigman

Quote from: Paschale on December 01, 2005, 01:34:51 AM
Is it in North Carolina?
Correct on the state. 8)
Now, where in NC?

SwampDonkey

pigman

Quote from: Paschale on December 01, 2005, 01:34:51 AM
Is it in North Carolina?  I know some scenes were filmed near Lake James...but I know there aren't any waterfalls nearby...but some other parts were filmed there...so I'm saying:  North Carolina?   ???
I finally looked on the map for Lake James. The water falls in my picture are about 25 miles south of Lake James at Chimney Rock.

Paschale

Vernal Falls in Yosemite from this summer:

Yosemite Falls after sunset, with Half Dome in the distance

Jeff and Chet should know this one...   ;)

Bridal Veil Falls in Yosemite this summer

Furby

This is from another thread:

Glacier N.P.

Link to the thread.

SwampDonkey

Falls on Gibson's Creek at Kilmarnock, NB

Max sawdust

Superior Falls where the montreal river dumps into Lake Superior on the Wisconsin/UP line.
(They diverted the big falls for power generation, but this little one is pretty and only an hour or so from the house 8)
Max

True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Thank You Sponsors!