iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A few of my completed projects

Started by warren46, November 03, 2013, 06:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warren46

I decided to post pictures of a furniture project I have completed.

This is a red and white oak bed with walnut accents.  The oak in this bed came from two trees that came out of my yard when I lived in Gaithersburg, MD.  These were really large trees that I had milled at a local circle saw mill.  The walnut came from logs I hauled from Illinois to North Carolina over a July fourth weekend some years ago.  The curved cap piece on the headboard came from a board with natural curve.  I still have a stash of the oak and walnut.  Much of the oak is quarter sawn with lots of flecks with boards up to 20" wide.

I particularly like the contrast between the rift sawn white oak raised panels and the red oak rails and stiles.

I hope you enjoy looking.

Warren
Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

thecfarm

That looks nice. Do you sell any of it? I like the way you remember where the wood came from.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Mossyoak

CHARLIE

You do beautiful work! I think it is neat to be able to start with a log and end up with something like that. Great job!
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

jamesamd

All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

GAmillworker

Very nice work Warren.

I to like the contrast between the red and white oak.
Thank the Lord for second chances

lowpolyjoe

drobertson

I have always thought it's nice to know the history of certain furniture pieces in regards to the trees they came from, nice work,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

isawlogs

You have created a fine peice of furniture with your wood, I also have boards with natural curves  ;D :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

LaneC

That is nice. I wished I were that creative
Man makes plans and God smiles

ancjr

A tasteful design and excellent execution.  Congratulations!  :)

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

21incher

Great looking bed. Using the different types of wood is a good idea. I don't agree with the bedding choice though it is a little busy and distracts your eyes from the color of the wood. I think that a natural earth tone color that complimented the beautiful color and grain of of the wood would just make it look amazing.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!