iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmilling accident

Started by Ga Mtn Man, November 01, 2012, 08:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgy Loner

My left index finger is 1/4" shorter than the right after getting it smashed between an oak cant and the bed of the mill a few years back. Lesson learned, keep flesh out of the way of wood and metal.

I was lucky the surgeon was able to save the nail and the most of my fingertip. The ER doc thought he would have to take it off at the knuckle.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

JohnM

Quote from: Okrafarmer on November 04, 2012, 11:12:11 PM
They pinched the boy's finger between the firewood and the blunt push-plate.

My father did exactly the same thing only he 'peeled' everything (flesh and nail) off down to the first knuckle.  Only thing left was the little pointy bone.  My mother came home to find him with a giant ball of bloody paper towel wadded around his hand.  :D  Went to the hospital and they just 'clipped' off the bit of bone and sewed it up (over?).  He always complained how cold that finger tip/snub would get.

Be careful out there.  ;)

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Thank You Sponsors!