iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

trying to find picture of a athey skidder

Started by logger t, May 08, 2012, 04:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logger t

anyone ever seen a old athey skidder they use to sell them in the early 70s here in maine but never seen one
loggert

thecfarm

I never even heard of that kind before. Was it a big skidder?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

doghunter

my friend as a 130 athey that he still uses they were made in raliegh nc and are pretty much the same components as a timberjack of that era. i'll try to get a picture when i'm around his place

Meadows Miller

Gday

An old mate of mine has the only two Athey skidders to make it to Australia and he used them for hardwood skidding for 20 to 30 years not a bad looking skidder and it dove n pulled like one should  ;) ;D he said the only weak point was the axles but he used them hard and had new drive shafts made up for them cheap enough one became a parts machine and is siting in the paddock and the other is sitting in his shed now ;)

No pics for you though :(

Regards Chris   
4TH Generation Timbergetter

96 logger

ive only ever seen one. all running and going with good tires for 7 grand

chester_tree _farmah

254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

treeslayer2003

Ron McKinnon

G'Day ,
I live in Australia and have three Athey skidders, Model S100. They have a Caterpillar D330 normally aspirated engine , five speed manual gearbox, Gearmatic 19 winch. I've been logging with them for nearly 30 years. There were originally four machines imported to Aus in the 1960's and I now own three of them.  One was destroyed in the Chrismas day bushfire in 2001, but the other two are going and are brilliant.
Regards,
Ron McKinnon
PS...I also have a bullock ( oxen) team for logging.

Thank You Sponsors!