iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Youtube - ideas and comments and questions...

Started by Bibbyman, July 18, 2011, 06:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DouginUtah

I've found it to be beneficial several times. It sort of depends on what program you need to get rid of. It's free and won't hurt anything, so use it.  ;D
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Bibbyman

Looks like everywhere I go, nothing is straight forward or simple.   I've got the wimpy version "Live" Movie Marker on one PC that works but nearly featureless.   I've got a more powerful version "Movie Maker" with more features on a PC that does not work correctly. 

I did some looking and searches and found like DoughinUtah said, how to load Movie Maker for Vista on a PC with Windows 7.  Seems there is a whole bunch of people out there that have some hook or crook way of getting the old Vista version to work on Windows 7.

I don't know if I want to put old Movie Maker on the Windows 7 PC or not.  Likely it would work or you could get it to work but then what happens when things are updated?  I've been down this road before.  Each new system update assumes it knows what software is on the PC.

Maybe I can figure out how come the Movie Maker on Vista does not display the video.  It displays the thumbnail but when you "Play" the movie, the screen stays black.  The time-line indicator is moving so its reading and running – just nothing is showing up in the display window. 

The ACER PC box with Windows Vista has a DVD RW drive.  But DVDs will not play (or at least display).  Other video that come in over the internet;  Netflix, YouTube, etc., display fine. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

DouginUtah

I can understand your frustration, Bibby. I played around with the program today and don't know/can't tell which version I have. I download it from www.windows-movie-maker.org. It does have a timeline button and is called version 2.1.4026.0. It is running on Windows 7.
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Bibbyman

Apparently Movie Maker 6.0 for Vista is the best version.

Why would MS make a dumb down version?  And not have a legitimate and supported way to run the more powerful version?

Why do I even ask why?  >:(
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Progress if not success.   

I have been beating my head against the Window wall for the past couple of days trying to get Movie Maker 6.0 to work on the Windows Vista machine.  I tried a lot of things and none worked.  With all my efforts to avoid it,  I managed to get Driver Detective and Notion Utilities installed while trying to install video monitors drivers from the KDS website.   I had to work to get them uninstalled. 

I even went up to the PC store where we bought the ACER in 2006.  We bought it from a computer store so we would have a chance to get support.  So far every time we've asked them for help, they were of no help and made very little effort at being no help.

This evening I was messing around with Movie Maker and by chance pulled in a sample video that came on the PC.  Ah-ha!  It displayed in the display window!  And it played!  What was different from the video I uploaded from my camera?  Turns out the video I shot and uploaded was in MPG format.  The sample video was in WMV format.  So I went back to the Sony software on the PC and there was a convert function.  I converted the MPG to WMV and now Movie Maker work – at least so far in this test.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmbJKQMOT3k

I made the above video for the Wood-Mizer blades contest.  It was just to be a practice video to fiddle around with Movie Maker 6.0.  I was just in my old work bibs. But after I got it edited and added some titles and such,  I thought it not too bad.  It has a "rough hewn" look to it.  So I may just submit it rather than make another.

But here is my problem..  It was shot in wide screen format,  edited in Movie Maker as wide screen, and published into a video in wide screen.  But the first time I uploaded it to YouTube,  it was not wide screen.  The screen was wide but the picture was "squozed" in with back filler on each side.  While it made me look thin,  I didn't like it and it looked distorted.  So I deleted that version and went back to Movie Maker and generated another in some other video format.  That too looked good on the PC, but again was "smushed" on YouTube.  So...  Third time is a charm.  I deleted the second try and went back and publish it in HD wide screen.  This time it looks like what I recorded.  But the file is pretty big.

If some of you guys can stand to look and hear me for 4-5 minutes, please watch it and tell me if it loads OK (not too slow) and displays right on whatever you're watching it on.

Your chance to be a critic.
Sawing since '94

Warbird

It loads and looks fine, Bibby.  In fact, it looks really good.  I like the dog wandering into the picture and laying down.  :)

When watching it, folks have the choice of quality they want to watch it in.  360p, 480p, or the 720p HD.  Obviously, the higher definition you choose, the longer the vid will take to load.

Warbird

Also, if you click the link and watch the video non-embedded, you can choose 240p and then it loads really fast.

*edit*  You might want to chop a few seconds off the end.  You stay on that ending screen too long before the video actually ends.

Bibbyman

Quote from: Warbird on September 05, 2011, 05:24:51 PM

*edit*  You might might to chop a few seconds off the end.  You stay on that ending screen too long before the video actually ends.

Yea,  I do my worst job at the end..  I had it looking good in the edit and then in the first couple of uploads it only flashed past.  So when I went back to the project,  I stretched it out some.  I guess too much.  If I redo it,  I'll shorten that up a bunch.  Or maybe put in a few more pictures?

I'm tempted to load the raw video up on Mary's Windows 7 PC with "Live" Movie Maker.  That is what I used on the first bunch of videos and they uploaded widescreen and small file size just fine.  I've got Movie Maker 6.0 up and working on the Vista PC but this video didn't really need any of the features.
Sawing since '94

beenthere

Nothing to criticize with that video. Not even the long end.
Good to see that Bibby got back into his bibs if just for the video  ;)

Nice piece of work, and agree that the dawg added to the "reality" of the presentation.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

What is the name of the pooch?

I can see that you are going to become famous.  Have you located a stunt double yet  ;D.

I enjoyed the video.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bibbyman

The dowg's name is Puddenhead.  She's getting pretty old now but still has to come and get in our way while we work.  If we are working far apart where she can't watch us both, she has a problem!
Sawing since '94

thecfarm

Good to see you Bibbyman and your dog too. I like it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

AvT

I am a big fan of your vids.  They keep getting better.  I only have a 2 megabit connection and it loaded faster than it played in 720P.  Usually it doesnt load that fast in that high resolution but probably did for this video because the cam was stationary and there wasnt too much fast motion happening
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Bibbyman

Sawing since '94

SwampDonkey

Now that I have a new Fujifilm video/photo camera I have to find something to do.  ::) Well, of course it has to rain now for 2 days. I like the camera so far though, took some video of some dairy cows about 3/4 mile away at 168x zoom. ;D

Then I was starting into the woodlot and the rain drops started, so that means the woods are wet now.  ::)

I've had a Youtube account for some time. I guess I have some shop videos to work on this winter to. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

I have version 2.1 of Movie Maker here for XP. I have used it a small amount. It has several lines on a story board type screen: one for video, transitions, audio, and back ground music. All you do is drag and drop. You can mask out sections of video or music by using the clipping tool. It does not alter the original source files. Pretty easy stuff, maybe a bit frustrating at times. I think I prefer Nero Vision, which is not free, but has more options. I also have a free video converter called Clone2Go that converts files to about any format you want. I'm not much of a software tutorialist, plus dial-up pretty much puts the crimp on that idea. ;) Any Youtubes I've uploaded were an "overnight upload as you sleep" deal. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Piston

I just setup a YouTube account today (actually, I realized I've had one all this time but didn't know it)
I'll try uploading a video.
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

AvT

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 10, 2011, 06:01:32 PM
I also have a free video converter called Clone2Go that converts files to about any format you want.

I got this on your recommendation and I am happy to have it now... I had some other free thing before that didnt seem to work as well....THANKS!
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes