iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gone fishing.....

Started by isawlogs, August 12, 2013, 10:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

I went north for a few days...  well a week of fishing on lake Capimitchigama it's quite a long lake and a good ride out there. Give or take 8 hours from here and then there's a 55 minute boat ride in a grew with a 55 johnson pushing it to get to the camp.
   Walley, Pike and grey trout are occupents of the lake. Took a few pics getting there, of course batteries went dead before we caught any fish...... :-\

The fishfinder ....

A few shots of the lake and surroundings.....

A forest of White spruce, Black spruce, white birch and Poplar.

I could be left out there from sun up to sun down, ( As long as I have something to eat... ;D  )

We did catch some fish and we did do some work around the camp, but being on the lake being rocked by the waves is about as relaxing as it gets. ( Blueberries where ripe and for the takin', and boy did I do some takin' )  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

petefrom bearswamp

Isawlogs,
Nice pics.
Sounds like a great time and very relaxing.
My son and a couple of friends travel to QUE (LaVerendrye) reserve to fish.
Haven't made it yet this year, but probably will go the last weekend the park is open.
We thoroughly enjoy our trips to French Canada and have found the folks to be friendly and helpful.
Fishing is fishing and we sometimes do very well and sometimes not.
Where in Que is this lake located?
I would like to look for it on Google earth
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WmFritz

That's some pretty country. That was a nice school down there in 70' of water.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

drobertson

Purty stuff man, even the spit toon ;D  now lets see the catch!   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

isawlogs

Pete.. Here's a long link to a google map page that should bring up the lake .

https://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=fr&geocode=&authuser=0&q=lac+capimitchigama+quebec+canada&aq=&vps=12&sll=47.667237,-76.047363&sspn=0.496626,1.352692&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Lac+Capimitchigama

If not copy this        lac capimitchigama quebec canada    and search google and the lac should come up.  What arrangements do you take to go fishing, camping or out of an outfitter ?

Do you go through Montreal or Ottawa to get there ?

We went through part of Lavérendrie park going there, first right from the 117N past Le Domaine ( registrating place to go fishing in the park) and go 108 kilometers from there on the Clova road.

Sorry , just aint no pics of fish..... :-\  batterries went caputt   :-\ 
We where a day late coming out of there, had some wind and rain that made the lake have white caps, that I really did not need to go find out just how big they where.  ;)  There is no fun having to ride out in three foot waves, I sure don't need to do that anymore.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

Mon Ami', where is your sense of adventure ??  ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

isawlogs

Sense of adventure   :o   :D :D  I had that thirdy years ago ....   :-\  ( I just did not want to git wet is what it is )

Marcel

WDH

I hope that you brought some cornmeal and some onions for the hushpuppies  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawguy21

That is my idea of a vacation 8)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

Mighty nice looking country. But no pictures of fish?????? No one else had a camera??????  ;D
As long as you all had fun,that is all that matters.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

justallan1

Great pictures, Marcel.
I need one of those vacation things that I keep hearing about. :D

Allan

Magicman

Congrats on the nice fishing trip.  When I retired I thought that I would do stuff like that.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Looks like a great spot. I'm sure the fishing was good. If not, the beverages anyway.  ;D I bet there are some hot spot in that lake. A lot of the trout fishing lakes I used to fish are very shallow and the fish would come in near shore to the springs and the shade of a floating mossy island. Just toss that fly and watch cold water boil. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!