iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather 2024

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2024, 12:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I do underground weather and saw the amount per hour in the night. It said almost 3 inches an hour, which I thought was wrong. But maybe not. Glad I did not have to go out when that was going on.
We got some snow after 9 last night.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I know from 8:00 pm onward, I couldn't see past the porch deck. :D

And yeah, 20" is more snow than we had in 4 months. No exaggeration on that.  :snowball:

Going to drop down near 0°F by tomorrow morning.

Snow plow has just showed up.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodroe

Congratulations on finally get some real snow SD ! 
Just spent a couple hrs digging out from that one. wow. 
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

It's barely 30°F, but the sun is melting the driveway down to bare gravel. March sun has power.  ffwave

Windows have been open here, kept a small fire to dry off the gear from snow plowing.

Shop is delayed a week because of the snow and it's going to rain most of the week on top of that.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I was out there 2 1/2 hours. I thought it was a dry snow. But it would stick onto the auger of the snow blower. Never had that happen in more then 20 years. Had to stop and clean it off. All that it would really do is push the snow and then I knew it was plugged up. At first I thought I broke a shear pin but I could see the chain moving.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

did you try to spray it with Pam spray?
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

doc henderson

well, hopefully it will snow overnight, so you can try it tomorrow!   :snowball:   ffsmiley ffsmiley ffsmiley
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

GRANITEstateMP

weather guessers missed for my part of NH again!  We were in the rain and dusting to an inch of snow at the end....NOPE!  We had enough to cover the skylight at 5am yesterday, about 4in at 7 am, then a bit more snow, then sleet and ice, then rain and sleet mix for til dark. Got another, real breif shot of snow around 10pm.  Our power flicked but all we lost was cable/internet. The farm is a different power company and a big OLD sugar maple across the street lost a large stem. It split off and stripped the power pole. Somehow didn't break it, but there weren't a lick of hardware left on it.  Limbs down all over town.  I waited to plow til this am so my dirt driveway wouldn't be an ice rink. Wife left for the farm as my truck was warming up and I stoked the woodstove.  I about jumped out of my boots when she knocked on the basement door! Tree across the driveway, missed my tractor by about 18inches.  Not a productive weekend, but not one we'll soon forget. Farm just got power back, internet is in and out.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

SwampDonkey

18°F here now, so not as cold as predicted. They hardly ever get that right. The app says it's 10°F, sorry but it ain't.  ffcheesy ffcheesy

Magicman

62°'s here this morning which is kinda hot and there is a fairly serious storm approaching later this evening.  Hot plus a cold front sets us up for a reason to be uneasy with the possibility of hail and tornadic activity.  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Neighbor up the road had 4°F this morning along a small creek.

Peter Drouin

I had snow then rain then snow. 14" I think. Waited till after the storm. I did not put my 9' plow on the one-ton. I went out and grabbed the JD and just made some passes to open it up here. Going to let the sun melt it. ffcheesy
The snow was sticky with the rain and John was pushing 16'+ of snow in front of the bucket with it 4" up off the ground.
Now with all the snow coming off the tin roof of the mill shed all 300'+ of it I might have to get John to move the 4'+ high banks in front of the doors. ffcheesy
I think the MUD will be back too. ffcheesy
Calls coming in for lumber, I'm opening on April 4th and have $4,000 of lumber going out first thing.
With the nice weather before everybody wanted to get out and do stuff. Not so much now. ffcheesy
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Old Greenhorn

A perfect weather day here yesterday, looks to be the same today. Spent yesterday working on the trailer a little, then walking in the woods and messing around and, as always, marking a few mushroom trees when we find them.
It's a shame to just sit around today waiting for my back issue to catch up to the work needs, but what is a guy gonna do? The more I work, even easy stuff, the worse it gets. Walking in the woods mindlessly did seem to help quite a bit though. Steep ground did not. Driving anywhere is agony though. But the weather is really nice today. Crisp and clear at 32°. :wink_2:
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

37° and all the snow slid off the porch rooves. Still some on the barn, but not a heavy load. The sun feels real warm on your face today. Got the big dormer window wide open and a bedroom window. About 85° in here.  :sunny: :sunny:

SwampDonkey

Hit 45°F yesterday and that  :sunny: settled the new snow 2" by days end. Driveway is pretty much bare of snow or ice except a patch in the shade in front of the garage.  ffwave

26°F this morning, see a few stars and the moon still. Nasty weather returns tonight and into Saturday. Whoooppee!!

Nebraska

4 inches wet snow on ice.  Makes an ugly morning to get to work.  Won't last long and we needed the moisture, but there are better ways to get it.  22 degrees and blowing there will be some cold calves today. 

SwampDonkey

Went for a second walk after dinner here and saw a river otter up at the creek. I have not seen one there for a couple years. I do see tracks once in awhile. A lot of beaver ponds below the road toward the border with Maine. The creek flows into Maine eventually and dumps into the Pestile R. There are brook trout in that creek.

SwampDonkey

Hit 42F here today. Snow is settling. No layers to it so if we get mild and rain it will melt a lot quicker than layered snow.

thecfarm

Drizzled here in the afternoon. I went to a garage this morning, about 20 minutes away and there was a drizzle at 28°.
A very light rain at around 5 tonight.
35° now, but might be a freezing rain in the morning.

Wlmedley

Rain here most of the day. We needed it. It has been dry and fairly warm and windy and fires were popping up in several areas around the state.
Bill Medley WM 126-14hp , Husky372xp ,MF1020 ,Homemade log arch,Yamaha Grizzly 450,GMC2500,Oregon log splitter

SwampDonkey

Light rain and fog here at this early hour, 34°F. Weather app says it's clear skies. I must be imagining the rain.  ffcheesy ffcheesy

thecfarm

Looks like a dry weekend for us!! The last 3 has been wet or the last one white.
I have 34° this morning and a very light mist.
No 50's in sight. Have a couple days that will get in the high 40's. Not like the past few years, where it gets in the 60's at times.
Rain coming in tomorrow.

SwampDonkey

With the steady rain and drizzle we are down to 9" of snow left out of that 20" snow storm. It's suppose to keep on and on. Pretty steady rainfall here now. Sometimes it slows to a mist then returns. 42°F here now.

SwampDonkey

Temperature has been steady here, rain to. Snow depth is 7" now.  ffwave

Thank You Sponsors!