iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is it?

Started by Woodwalker, July 29, 2007, 09:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodwalker

I found this last weekend

don't mind the Ivy, it's a yard tree. Any ideas?
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Texas Ranger

not a clue, got some leaves?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Woodwalker

WDH

Yes.  That one is a little blurry.  The leaves seem opposite and compound.  Are there leaves from more than one plant in the pic or only the plant in question?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

wmrussel

Looks to be some kind of hickory.  As for which, I couldn't tell ya. ???
My name is William, but people call me Pete.  Long story......

Woodwalker

Woodwalker

Alright, one last clue

Sambucuc Mexicana, One of the few trees in Marathon, TX. This one is located at the Gage Hotel there.
A logger would get mighty hungry out there.

OneWithWood

I know!  I know!

It's a Mexican Elder  8)

I had heard that if they set too long in one spot they would put down roots.  Now I see it is so.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Dodgy Loner

That's funny.  There's a tree at the UGA ethnobotanical gardens that's supposedly a Mexican elder, but it looks just like an American elder.  Your tree, on the other hand, looks nothing like an American elder.  Looks like the curator at our botanical gardens has been misleading me all these years. >:(
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

WDH

Quote from: Dodgy Loner on July 31, 2007, 11:58:14 AM
There's a tree at the UGA ethnobotanical gardens that's supposedly a Mexican elder, but it looks just like an American elder.   >:(

It was just the Botanical Gardens when I was there................. :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dodgy Loner

Actually, the ethnobotanical garden is just a small garden on the UGA campus.  The botanical garden is still known as such ;).
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Thank You Sponsors!