iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chainsaw pants

Started by keppoch, April 09, 2009, 01:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keppoch

I am trying to find chainsaw safety pants,not the chaps or the ones that that are protected front and back ,just the ones with protection on the front. I live in Nova Scotia Canada.Does anyone have any info where I can get a pair, or pads that I can sew in a pair of regular pants.

jander3

from www.schooloflogbuilding.com:

After trying out many kinds of saw-resistant safety trousers, some of them heavy or clumsy, along comes the Timber Savage Three-Season - comfortable, light, and less than $50.  Pants are available at wholesaler Ahlborn Equipment in Wisconsin. However, you need a business name to buy from them - 800.472.7600. Tamarack may also have the pants in the near future - 763.783.9773.

timber tramp

Madsens has jeans that accepts the pads, they have the pads as well.  Made by Labonville I think.        :)TT
Cause every good story needs a villan!

chevytaHOE5674

I have a pair of stihl pants, and love them but they are pricey . I also have a pair of timber savage pants and they are great, but somewhat heavy and warm.

I also have a pair of jeans and carhartts with labonville pads and they are very comfortable, but only offer front protection.

arojay

I have had two pairs of Husqvarna pants that they call "Ontario Summer Pants".  They are made of a light material and only have Kevlar on the front.  I got them from a Husqvarna dealer.  You may have to order them because they aren't approved by big brother in all provinces.
440B skidder, JD350 dozer, Husqvarnas from 335 to 394. All spruced up

John Mc

I ordered some Husqvarna "arborist" summer pants a couple of years ago. Ordered them in part because the ones I saw a friend using had mesh pocket liners. In warmer weather, he got extra ventilation by unzipping the pockets. He said the extra air flow through the mesh pocket liners was very noticeable.

Unfortunately, when mine came in, they had regular fabric pockets. An email to Husqvarna asking about the change and whether they still made any with the mesh pockets went unanswered.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Hilltop366

Hi fellow bluenoser where in NS are you.
Joey Muise Small Engine Repair in Concession, it's in Clare area of SW NS has some light weight pants he gets made in Quebec they seem to look good but I havent tried them yet.
Maybe its too far from you, but you can give him a call he will try to help you out I'm sure. He has all the other stuff you need to cut wood and loads of used parts as well.

keppoch

Hi Hilltop
I live in Antigonish,NS how do I go about getting in contact  with the guy

Hilltop366

Hi give him a call 902-769-0266
Not sure of his hours this time of year, try in the day time.

keppoch

Thanks  Hilltop for the info, I was talking to him and and he is sending me a pair of chainsaw pants as well he has lots of saw parts and everything, this was a great find, so thanks again for your help.
Keppoch

Hilltop366

Your quite welcome

Joey has a small shop well of the beaten path but loads of stuff including a 45' van trailer with shelves on both sides loaded with used saw parts for those looking for such stuff, along with the new stuff.

Thank You Sponsors!