iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

saw purchase

Started by bitternut, October 19, 2006, 11:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitternut

A while back I asked advice on buying either a Husky 372xp or a Stihl 440/460. Well it was raining pretty hard and very windy so I decided to go saw shopping instead of sitting in a tree.  My local dealer is only about 10 minutes from my woods so that is where I like to buy. I came home with a MS 440 with a 20" bar and Stihl rs chain. They also had the 441 which is supposed to be the replacement for the 440 that is to be discontinued in the near future. All I could think of is that the 441 might turn out to be a flop like the replacement for the 372 xp's. Hope I did the right thing passing on the 441. Anyways the 440 is sure a nice saw and is the biggest baddest one that I have ever owned. 8)  ;D

Thanks to all who responded, it sure made the decision easier.

sawguy21

You won't regret it. The MS440 has proven to be a real workhorse, more than enough zoom with a 20" bar.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

rebocardo

> All I could think of is that the 441 might turn out to be a flop like the replacement
> for the 372 xp's

I would have done the same, let the rich people experiment with the new models.

amberwood

I have only recently purchased the MS460 with the 25" bar..great saw with heaps of go. I was tossing up the 440 but figured if the 460 is too big that gives me a reason for a smaller second saw later.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

OneWithWood

You will not regret your purchase.  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

sawguy21

Quote from: rebocardo on October 20, 2006, 12:34:13 AM
> All I could think of is that the 441 might turn out to be a flop like the replacement
> for the 372 xp's

I would have done the same, let the rich people experiment with the new models.

We received our first MS441's yesterday. I am eager to try it but am amazed at the similarities in appearance to the 372. Hmmm. :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

beenthere

So, are you suggesting the parts are interchangeable?   :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

logger

You won't regret your purchase on the 440.  It is a superb saw all the way around.  And yes it has more than enough zoom for a 20" bar. :) :D :o
220 Poulan            Future Saws         
Stihl MS280             Jonsered CS2171              
Stihl MS440 Magnum Husky 575XP  
Stihl MS460 Magnum   Dolmar PS-7900
Husky 385xp            Stihl MS361  Stihl MS441 Magnum
Stihl 066 Magnum       Stihl MS660 Magnum

Thank You Sponsors!