iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

please help on atv purchase.

Started by mountaineer, September 11, 2009, 09:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlechub

my 2006 suzuki has a belt driven automatic, and i promise you that it will run out of traction a long time before the belt will slip. ive pulled some huge loads behind it and have yet to slip the belt in low range. ive treated it rough ever since ive owned it and other than brake pads have done nothing to it.

Banjo picker

Sorry about that.  I guess the diff.. would be  All or Rough...My bad....Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

cheyenne

You can put lockouts in the front wheels of Hondas, for about $ 350 but I have never chosen to as I have never seen the need & I do some hellaious hauling out of the woods. When the snow hits I just put chains on & keep going. Just this morning I made 5 trips out with the ATV wagon loaded with 12" hemlocks 8' long a 3,000 lb. load and a lot of it is up hill. The trick is to build up speed & keep it rolling & when to down shift & how much gas to give it so you don't spin the wheels. Once you start spinning your dead or if its wet out don't even think about it. Now if someone would invent a steel wheel with spikes like on a skidder for an ATV I would be their first customer.......Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

splitter

Got a Honda Foreman love it starts everytime. Keep oil changed new plug once in a while can't go wrong. Splitter

mountaineer

well it's done. I went on vacation for a week and when I got back to town i purchased a new 2007 suzuki kingquad 450 efi with independent suspension. all the reviews by people online love this machine. I didn't buy a honda because the honda guy told me not to get the foreman because it isn't water cooled. he told me to get the rubicon. he had a 2007 new but the reviews from several people on this model were pretty scary. 4 out of 10 had major problems with it. it also does not have independent suspension. tha arctic cat dealer didn't give me a good enough price and the suzuki lady was really good to me. it's also 30 minutes from my house if i need service. I paid 5499$ out the door with 1.99% financing. I didn't care about the 2-3year model year difference because i plan to keep it as long as possible. by the way, I love it. drives real nice. most places I have gone have been in 2wd. i went places my 4wd truck will barely go on the 4wheeler in 2wd. i was amazed where this thing will go with 2 wheels pushing. i did purchase a 17 cubic foot metal dump cart. and before i got it 50 ft into the woods i flipped the cart. it's junk. it tossed and turned and would release the lever to dump every 5 ft. i guess i need something beefier. any suggestions? one thing i did notice is backing the cart up is a lot different than in a truck. took me a couple trys. :D   

thx for all the help,

mountaineer

beenthere

Now that it is done, we will be interested in seeing some pics of moving wood with it.  8)

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

cheyenne

Boski makes an atv wagon I have 3 & I highly recomend them. Their at ATVwagon.com.....Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

isawlogs

I think what you bought is a garden tractor trailer , they are not real good with a garden tractor , with a bike it gets a lot worst .  ;) You really need a wider tired trailer to pull behind the bike, the pole needs to be longer and it will be much easier to back up. Shorter the pole harder it is to move it straight backing up .
My dad has an older 250 quad 4x4 and he does evry thing with it , it has been to the shop a few times but it also has gone through two sets of tires , I dont know how many miles it has but rarely does it sit still for a day .
  You should have a bike that last on long time .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

fishpharmer

Congrats Mountaineer.  If your happy we're happy ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

caver

About the junky cart. I was at Paducah KY Gander Mountain to look at a Polar trailer and the guy said they had a more bang for the buck trailer in back. He was right. It's made by Otter X-ST and is still listed in their catalog.
This same trailer looks to be the Arctic Cat branded trailer I saw in a local dealers storeroom. It's a stout trailer and plenty big.
Link is a PDF file for those on slow connections.
http://www.otteroutdoors.com/catalogs/OtterATV&Trailer.pdf
Baker HD18

Thank You Sponsors!