iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Northeastern Forest Products Expo event 2015

Started by DeerMeadowFarm, January 19, 2015, 03:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Went  Friday , nice show but a lot of the vendors was ticked off about the bass park management!!!  Told them no free food to be given out other then donuts, candy , and other treats! No cooked food to be given away! Also no soda or free beer! I bought a hot dog without reading price first............. Rivaled fenway parks price!! 3.50 for a sriveled up hot dog!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

thecfarm

That's why Anderson was not giving out free hotdogs.
Had another great day. Met up with deastman yesterday and had a chat with DeerMeadowFarm today.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

shamusturbo

Chalk me up as the young man from Pittsburgh who reads the forum all the time and noticed @Jim_Rogers by his avatar. I am always reading to see what I could be doing better and the success people have had in all different facets of the industry.

Thanks for the fantastic forum!!!

-O'Donnell Brothers Firewood, LLC
Pittsburgh, PA

Stihls 660,461,460,390,200T
Duramaxs 04 CCLB,15 CCFB DW
Gators- TS Loaded
Timberwolf TW-5
CRD Loco 20
CAT 287B

bill m

The show was great as always but I too was disappointed with the Bass park management ( if they are the ones to blame ). I thought the layout was poor and signage to navigate from the indoor vendors to the outside was almost nonexistent.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

thecfarm

Sorry I missed ya shamusturbo. What brought you about 8-10 hours from home besides the show?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

pictures of the big days.

Hudson

the Logrite booth,

Norwood

Thomas Bandsaw

Woodmizer

JohnM

Quote from: bill m on May 16, 2015, 07:24:19 PM
I thought the layout was poor and signage to navigate from the indoor vendors to the outside was almost nonexistent.
I got lost trying to get back outside at one point! :D

Shamusturbo, that's a great selfie. :D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

shamusturbo

Some thoughts about the show:    -My first time to Bangor, ME. I have been to Dunkirk & Burlington
Very unorganized- mills, firewood, nik-naks, heavy equipment, trailers all intermingled
It seemed quite a bit smaller than Burlington, IMO
CRD Metalworks (the brand of my last 2 processors) was off in its own corner and had no salemen to talk to
The machines were in such tight quarters that they were somewhat reserved from running or running full bore
Gators- TS Loaded
Timberwolf TW-5
CRD Loco 20
CAT 287B

shamusturbo

I knew I was bound to take some heat for that selfie..... There was no one around and my phone supposedly is built for "selfies". Shame on me.....

@thecfarm - I am a CWI by day and have been on a jobsite just north of NYC which puts me halfway there. From home (where my brother (business partner) and dad drove from) is about 13 hours all told- 812 miles total. 
Gators- TS Loaded
Timberwolf TW-5
CRD Loco 20
CAT 287B

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

FarmingSawyer

I'm kinda sorry I missed the show and the chance to meet all the FF members. Not too sorry, now that I hear it wasn't up to snuff. Got lots of work done around here and sold some lumber instead.....
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

DeerMeadowFarm

We had a great time at the show. I went to Vermont last year by myself when I was on a mission to buy a 3 pt. winch and I knew I'd go again. Brought my brother-in-law Mark and his son Josh. We all cut our own firewood on our own and together at times (probably going to do that more often now that I bought the woodlot). They loved it!
Mark and I are going to go in on a sawmill together. I was all set to get one on my own this year until we got into some medical issues. Our insurance has declined (thank you Obama  >:() and we are up to $1600 in medical bills and haven't even gotten to the surgeries yet! Anyway, we talked about it and we will most likely pull the trigger next year. We will get the location on my farm prepped for it this fall after all this medical crap blows over.
My only disapointment was that Husqvarna had no booth there. They were'nt in VT last year either. We are all Husky fans and Mark and Josh were both looking for new saws. They tried out Jonsered and Stihl. I'm not sure that they were sold, but if they were it's a shame on Husky not to be there. I sent them an e-mail; we'll see how that turns out....
Friday night we ate at Texas Roadhouse. They had never been to one before so I knew they were in for a treat. My nephew and I picked out some big honkin' ribeyes while Mark picked out a Fillet. We were stuffed! We ended up throwing around a JD nerf football that Mark bought for my neice at the hotel for a while to work that meat through!
We stayed to the end of the show both days. It was a long ride, but we are already looking forward to next year. We met up with Kevin and Ray at the Logrite display on Saturday and talked for quite a while. Great guys both of them!

Thank You Sponsors!