iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

American Bandsawmill?????

Started by craigc90, March 29, 2002, 05:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

OK buddy where the heck are the pics? A sawmill on skis... never saw one.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

I was only able to take three pictures with the 35mm on Saturday and it rained all day Sunday but I`ll try and get few more before I ski it outa there.
I won`t be able to post them for a week or two but it will prove to be another Timber Buyers EXCLUSIVE[/b] !

woodman

So Kevin how did it work out  with the tires on.
Jim Cripanuk

Kevin

I tried taking the mill in on just the wheels the previous week and it was futile.
The skis made all the difference.
The tires sit in these pockets that are welded to the skis and have a friction fit.
I used a small winch strap to secure the tire to the ski and it really worked well.
You need a groomed trail to run on with a small snowmachine like the Tundra, an Argo on tracks would be a better choice.

Jeff

QuoteI was only able to take three pictures with the 35mm on Saturday and it rained all day Sunday but I`ll try and get few more before I ski it outa there.
I won`t be able to post them for a week or two but it will prove to be another Timber Buyers EXCLUSIVE[/b] !

Yaa Man. Ya earn yer hat everyday. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Gordon

Don't know if this is a good thing. But I was surfing the links and clicked on Americanbandsaw.com. This is what I got. Web domain for sale for lack of payment. I would have to say this is not a good thing.

http://www.americanbandsaw.com/

Might want to double check before buying an American bandsaw. The link has been removed from the forestryforum links.

Gordon

craigc90

I have a feeling they are going to be  thing of the past and nobody is going to want to buy that domain name due to the bad reputation they have. My brothers mill in Zanesville getting all the broken junk fixxed. he wants to sell it for 1/4 of what he paid for it. When it comes back from the shop. I am going to cut some green lumber with it and see how it does .
My brother was resawing first growth barn timbers with it and maybe the dang thing will cut green lumber with less breakdowns. I have a small pile of logs stockpiled and going to give myself a crash course in sawmilling.If it cuts green lumber ok I am thinking about buying it.

Thank You Sponsors!