iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cad software for tf

Started by Oldsawdust, November 28, 2007, 01:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldsawdust

what cad software do people use for tf shop drawings and house plans?
thanks from down south.
Help-I'am new at this

Stephen1

I know that some are using the Google sketch up, free, and there is a good supply of stuff already done.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

maineframer

We use Dietrichs for our drawings----not free or cheap ---- just an excellent tool for shop drawings and models.
David

Jim_Rogers

Dietrich's does have a free 2d cad program that you can download and try....
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Scott G

Autocad Architectural and HSB, but now we are starting to get into Sketch up to give us a better 3d model view.

Gilman

WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

raycon

Lot of stuff..

JGroebner

I'm not sure how to include pics in this message, but I put 3 Chief Renderings in the "cell phone" album on this website.  Both projects these renderings were done for are currently in construction.  I primarily use Chief Architect to do design & construction drawings and AutoCad for Shop drawings.  We're a relatively small company, 20 employees so efficiency is key. 

I'm curious about those members who draw & build for customers and what you charge?  We don't make any profit on drawings as we have about a 95% success rate when a customer walks through the design and estimating process.  Our fees are $1,800 for design and 1% of the construction costs for the construction drawings.  Anyone else care to share their fees with me? 

Jared

Thank You Sponsors!