iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Friend's Loss

Started by Don K, October 18, 2009, 09:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don K

Terry Stewart (Radar67) left me a message today that his Stepfather John passed away this morning. He said he will be away from the forum for a few days. I for one am saddened by his passing as he was a colorful character full of amusing stories and had became a talented bowl turner and pen maker. My most memorable day with John was the day he stuck a D4 dozer in the creek and we had to get it out. What a day that was.

Terry, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I know the days ahead will be trying, especially for your Mother. If there is anything Misty and me can do, don't hesitate to call on us.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Dave Shepard

Radar, please accept my sympathies.

Thanks for letting us know Don.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

isawlogs

Please pass on my condolences to Radar

Thank you Don.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

IMERC

here's to ya Radar...
and I'm pulling for ya...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

WH_Conley

Wish to pass my sympathies also.
Bill

Mooseherder

Terry,  We're with you brother. 
Your Mom has a Good Son!
Take care of her.

metalspinner

Terry,
I'm sorry to hear of your loss.  Condolences to you and your family.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

fishpharmer

Terry,
My prayers go out to you and your family.  If I can help in anyway let me know.

James
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Fla._Deadheader

Condolences from down in the DEEP south, Radar.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

beenthere

Terry
Sorry to hear about John. Our prayers and sympathies to you and your family.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Toolman

I'm sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and the family.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" (Thomas Jefferson)

jerry-m

Radar,                                                                                                                                                                                     Very sorry to hear of your lost... My prays go out to our Lord and Savior for you and your family...

Your friend,  Jerry
Jerry

Raider Bill

Sorry to hear of your loss.

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

DanG

The bond with a step-parent, like that of a step-child can be as strong as that of a natural parent.  I'm sorry for the loss, Terry.  Cherish the memories.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Warbird

We will be praying for you and your family, Terry.  I am sorry for your loss.

thecfarm

That is too bad.You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Sorry for the loss of your step dad Radar. Just letting ya know I got the word.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

My condolences to you and your family Radar!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

DoubleD

I am sorry for you loss Terry, my condolences to you and your family.

Thanks Don for letting us know.

Davide
Wannabe a sawmiller

Burlkraft

I am saddened by this news   :'(  :'(  :'(

My condolences go to you and your family, Terry
Why not just 1 pain free day?

pineywoods

:( :( Sorry to hear this, our prayers are with Terry and family..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Radar67

Thanks to all for the prayers and thoughts. I will always remember John sitting on a bulldozer with the smile of a child on his face.

He lived a long, full life and made my mother happy for the last 20 years. We learned this week that he served in the Navy, aboard the USS Oriskany (CV/CVA-34) during the Korean War. He was laid to rest with military honors.

Thank you Don for making this post.

Pineywoods, I sure would like to have you build one of your flag cases for my mom. Send me a message and we will work out the details.

Terry
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

pineywoods

Terry, I'd feel honored to build a flag case. PM me an address, may take a few days, I'm kinda snowed under right now.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Radar67

PM sent, and completely understand being behind.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

WDH

Terry,

It is hard to lose a family member.  I just saw this post, and I am sorry to hear of your loss.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

I was just to a funeral yesterday. Dad's cousin lost his wife, bad heart. Had open heart just a year ago. Had diabetes bad. She was a thin woman all her life.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!