iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new favorite saw

Started by terry f, April 19, 2012, 11:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terry f

You might not call it a saw, but I bought a Stihl 130 kombi with a pole pruner and weedeater attachments. Plenty of power, and a real backsaver for cutting close to the ground. I only have a poulan pruner to compare it to, but its night and day. You get what you pay for.

CTYank

For cutting small stuff near the ground, my favorite since '80 has been a straight-shaft Echo 22 cc trimmer. Take off trimmer head, bolt on 10" steel blade, and away we go.
Still runs great for cuts parallel the ground.
'72 blue Homelite 150
Echo 315, SRM-200DA
Poulan 2400, PP5020, PP4218
RedMax GZ4000, "Mac" 35 cc, Dolmar PS-6100
Husqy 576XP-AT
Tanaka 260 PF Polesaw, TBC-270PFD, ECS-3351B
Mix of mauls
Morso 7110

AdkStihl

Here is my new favorite..

J.Miller Photography

terry f

CTYank, going to do something like that with the trimmer section, just not sure which head to get. I want one that will hold up to hitting the ground.

Al_Smith

Quote from: terry f on April 19, 2012, 11:31:01 AM
      I only have a poulan pruner to compare it to, but its night and day. You get what you pay for.
I have one of those myself .It is what it is but it saves me a lot work .Not a heavy duty Judy but it gets-er-done .  I never have used the weed wacker yet though .

sawguy21

Quote from: AdkStihl on April 20, 2012, 02:49:12 PM

So are you changing your username? :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

AdkStihl

Quote from: sawguy21 on April 21, 2012, 02:13:30 PM
Quote from: AdkStihl on April 20, 2012, 02:49:12 PM

So are you changing your username? :D

Nope...never happen.
This is the only Husky worth owning IMO 8)
J.Miller Photography

terry f

Ran it a couple more hours today, and still loveing it. My favotite real saw is a 036 pro, have a Husky 394, but my back can't handle it. The power is unbelievable.

nmurph

thecfarm

terryf,that might be the one that I've been saving my quarters for. I like it because of all of the attachments that I can buy for it. Really looking at the pole saw for it. I have alot of trees that I have cleared around and the limbs really spring out than.

CTYank,that Echo may be the same one as the one I've been working the snort out of. I've only put the blade on a few times,but probably have gone through a couple miles of string with it. I have about a mile of stone walls to trim around,plus the areas I keep clear. I bought it about 81 or 82.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!