iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl 075 bar size's

Started by Quartlow, October 08, 2004, 07:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

Whats the max size bar you would run on an 075? Mines got a 24 on it now And I'm quite sure its capable of more
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Timber_Framer

I've got a 36" on my 051 so I think you're safe running a bit langer then 24"
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Stephen_Wiley

I have a 42", 50" and 60" runs em all. No problems, unless of course your not use to handling a saw with this size bar.

I worked with a fella who had a 72" and 84" on his.

" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

sawguy21

That bruiser will handle just about anything you can throw at it. Keep checking the carb and muffler they will vibrate loose as well as that *&^%^&&** decompression valve. Anybody found a way to keep it tight?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Quartlow

that isn't the only thing that will vibrate loose on it,  :D
I got this at a sale for peanuts, had to replace the tank since it was cracked, the muffler was missing, as was the exhaust guard. and of course the bolts that attach it, And the compression release was gone,  Trust me you can't start it if you just plug the hole

Since it was in such bad shape it generated very little intrest And I got it for, arte you sitting down, $20.00 Got all the parts used from a local shop for about $45.  I love this saw, if it just where not so darn heavy!!

Thanks for the input guys, and I'm thinking it's going to get a 48
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Chris J

$65.00 :o?  Okay.  I'm gonna take some vacaction time, head your way, & go saw shopping with you.  I just bought a parts saw off eBay & boy oh boy I am feeling the pain.  And it's going to get worse when my wife finds out ::).  

Y'all be careful.
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

Bruce_A

You get what you pay for.  Buy  a steel starter rope for that 75 and a thick pair of gloves for starting.  The compression release won't last too long.  Always pack an extra rope and a gasket for the oil tank. Short of those instructions, find a light duty anchor chain with a breakaway.

Quartlow

I think I got more than I paid for this time around, ;D As for saw shopping with me, I don't always find deals like that. Ok I find more than my share  ::) But hey even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then. I only got the parts cheap because I do  a lot for the shop owner.  sort of you scratch my back I'll scratch yours. So when I need stuff most of the time its at his cost, plus freight if he has to special order it

Bruce
Thanks for the tips. I always carry starter rope when I go seriuos logging, I'll add the gasket to the saw box also.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

sawguy21

Had forgotten about the tank. The ears break off.  If memory serves me right, (and it's getting shorter daily) the 051 tank will fit and last longer

Quartlow

thats one thing that was wrong with it when I got it,  If I remeber right the tank on it now is off of an 051 so is the muffler guard, oh though the muffler guard isn't an exact fit , you have to open up the fins for the exhaaust to flow through better. I had trouble keeping it running for a while, seems the exhaust gas was reflecting back up under the top heating up the carb and boiling the gas off and it would quit. Drove me and the saw shop nuts.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

sawguy21

That is a problem with the "lay downs". Heat rises and with the carb mounted on top beside the muffler... Guess why everybody now builds uprights for the most part

Quartlow

I found a cure for mine I took the muffler guard off and fabbed up a piece of tin to trap between the guard and the block, it acts as a heat shield, no more problem 8)
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Thank You Sponsors!