iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Out of The Mud!

Started by macpower, February 29, 2012, 09:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

Yes, when I stopped in to look, they were rather dilapidated indeed. Running their saw off an old truck they had built their shed around. Looks like they were running the saw right off the drive shaft. Makes me feel bad for them. My dad used to take logs to them with the John Deere B and a trailer, we were that nearby to them.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Okrafarmer

In their hey-day, they had a planer mill going and everything-- not sure about a kiln. Either they air-dried it and planed it, or something, not sure. I remember Bob cut most of his hand off with either a firewood processor or some other kind of chainsaw and they couldn't reattach it. Maybe 20 years ago or so. They've had their share of tough times.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

laffs

Bob was getting up there in age, Iheard he was backing off and letting his son or sons take over . They have a contract with a bigger mill for blocking in pittsfield
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

Thank You Sponsors!