iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Really? Is it worth THAT much?!?

Started by Ljohnsaw, February 21, 2015, 11:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

(craigslist ad deleted by Admin) (sorry...)

Here are the pictures of a tree worth $2,500!

Maybe I should have planted some a while ago...
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

kensfarm

Maybe they hid gold coins in it..  I guessing more likely a 1/2 dozen nails would be your prize. 

5quarter

Wow! I must have a &%$%# fortune on my place!  ;) :D :D
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Sparty

My father always told me that you can't catch a fish if you don't have a line on the water.  Maybe they will snag a sucker.  I was once suckered into looking at a "giant, priceless walnut tree".  Tree was just starting to die...had to tell the owner that his tree was dying of emerald ash borer...and that they only go after ash trees.

so il logger

Yep we deal with that here too. Farmers hear the word walnut and go looking through theyre timber which is mostly just brushy little fencerows because they farm all that they can. And then they spot a few high dollar black walnut tree's and it's a long story but it end's with me tired because of walking fencerows full of 10in diameter junk that no one want's. I do have to say though that tree in the pic is one of the ugliest that I have seen that a guy actually expected money for. Walnut is worth good money... depending on the walnut and that one is not one of them :D

Ljohnsaw

I've modified the OP to include just the pictures.  Doesn't look all that big, either - maybe 20" DBH?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

dustintheblood

I tried asking $10,000 for an 8" DBH twisty basswood.    Funny though, the check isn't in my bank account.   Asking is one thing.  Getting is another.  Getting paid and the check clearing - that's a whole other ball game.

:D
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

Lambee10

Sold an invisible gold fish to a lady once when I was in high school.  had a tub of water and a net.  Scooped him out and put him in a baggie of water.  got $1.  For a minute. Then dad found out.  Had to give it back then got my tail beat by my dad. :D

All animals like me...at feeding time.

M-14 Belsaw and the toys to go with it.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!