iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Met another FF member

Started by redbeard, September 22, 2017, 12:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbeard

Thanks to the FF was able too meet  Windfall who as crow flies is only 30 miles away.
But due to ferry service and driving from island to island makes it a good 4 hr trip.
Windfall is building his timber frame building  on Lopez island and needed some beams n such til he gets his mill set up on Lopez. We had a great visit and will be looking forward to our next meeting. 

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Chuck White

Always a good thing when Forestry Forum members meet!   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Get to meet and get building materials too.   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WV Sawmiller

We got a celebrity visit today when Brent and Jill (Double Tree Belgians) drove from one side of the state down here to the bottom for a visit. We had a great time and my only regret is we did not have more time to visit but maybe we can fix that on the next trip.

Oh, BTW - Nathan, if you're missing one of your OTW shirts I think I found it. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

DbltreeBelgians

It was a true pleasure to meet Howard and Becky. We were in Huntington West Virginia and I told Jill we're this close so let's drive another 125 miles and meet these great folks. We just left Chillicothe after fueling up and we're back on US-23 northbound and down and should make it home by midnight.
Thank you Howard and Becky for being such gracious hosts on a spur of the moment trip. We had a great time for no longer than we were there. It's always nice to put a face with a name.
Look forward to the next time.

Brent

WV Sawmiller

Actually met Mark and Larissa (Ellmoe) Elliott yesterday but spent most of the day with them today touring southern WV and had a great time. We visited the big visitor center Tamarack that sells only items made in WV then went to the famous Bridge where we have internationally famous Bridge Day in October where we arrived right in the middle of a huge downpour then over to Badcock State park with the working grist mill, stopped to talk to a local redneck carver with a  bunch of really primitive stools and tables cut with a chain saw, the scenic route to historic Lewisburg WV then back to their rental where we had to engage in a little 2nd story maneuvers when we were locked out but got in okay then home for dinner. Great company, interesting conversation and the only down side was being seen with Mark wearing that pitiful Florida Gator's shirt but I guess he forgot to pack suitable, informal casual attire and this was the best he could come up with. ::) :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WDH

It hurts me deeply to see you both so poorly dressed.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

HemlockKing

Quote from: WDH on August 17, 2021, 01:33:52 PM
It hurts me deeply to see you both so poorly dressed.  
What are you talking about! That's considered formal attire in my parts! 
A1

WV Sawmiller

HK,

Being from the Glaciated Northern climes you are probably not aware of the subtle SEC logos on shirts and hats. I suspect that is what Danny was referring to although in the case of the AU hat you were at least partially correct. Mark said if I had a UA hat we could take a picture of both of us stomping on it it. Of course we did not have, and would not allow, one in the house. We considered using a Tennessee hat a former student left as a gag (and it does make us gag) gift.

Its lousy dreary weather here today but tomorrow looks like it may open up enough for us to make a trip up the lake and such. Keep your fingers crossed for that.
Howard Green

WDH

Howard, you are exactly right, but you already knew that. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WV Sawmiller

Well, we have had a great time this week visiting with Ellmoe (Mark) and Larissa and showing them some of the highlights of our fair state. I think it has rained every day they have been here which was good for me as visiting was a better use of my time and I did not feel guilty about any tasks left undone. We topped it off with dinner tonight at a local diner/cafe and I hope they have a safe trip home and return real soon.
Howard Green

Thank You Sponsors!