iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Crappie and fries

Started by Kwill, January 23, 2019, 07:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kwill

Fried up my last bag of crappie i had in the freezer this evening. Yummy stuff. 8)

Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

sawguy21

8) I really like fish and chips.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Kwill

Me to. So much that i rarely have any to freeze.
Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

WV Sawmiller

Sure looks good. I am anxious for it to warm up a little so I can catch me some catfish. I messed around last year and gave away a couple hundred pounds and never kept any. I figured I put out lines one more time and stock the freezer and then the weather changed and I could not catch my bait so didn't stock up. I may have 1-2 messes left. I like to fish for crappie when they are shallow using a flyrod and a 1/64 ounce jighead under a small float 24-30 inches deep.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Kwill

Yeah i love to crappie fish. Havent got to do any this winter yet. I put out some beds last winter.
Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

WDH

That picture is cruel and unusual punishment :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Banjo picker

My fishing buddy is a bass man, died in the wool.  Sure hope I can get him to go after some of those crappie this spring.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Texas Ranger

Sacolae can only be blessed in coubeon, I know they are not spelled correctly, but Mississippi and Louisiana should get the picture.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DPatton

Just nothing better then fresh crappie, especially through the ice. Unfortunately we don't have safe ice just yet. Maybe next week.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

sandhills

I bet you got it now! ;)  I agree 100% 

47sawdust

Texas Ranger,I live in Vermont but love Cajun cooking.Your spelling isn't spot on but the food is.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DPatton

Quote from: sandhills on February 24, 2019, 01:20:04 PM
I bet you got it now! ;)  I agree 100%
Sandhills,
Your right we do have plenty of ice now. Jesse and I caught a real nice mess of crappie and bluegills through the ice a couple weeks ago. Last weekend I managed a few more too. Didn't get to go this weekend cause of the blizzard and all the county roads are blown shut. I fried up our first batch of them this past week and boy were they good!
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Thank You Sponsors!