iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

C5D Treefarmer-23.1x26 tires and chains and parts

Started by Horselog, March 29, 2013, 12:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horselog

I have a C5D Treefarmer forwarder that will need some 23.1x26 tires at some point.  Does anyone have a good (cheap) source for tires and chains, preferably not too far from Virginia?  Will chains help extend tire life?  Or just give more traction for a low tread? 

I'm also keeping my eyes open for parts machines, anybody know of a good bone yard?  Right now specifically I may be looking for a front differential, maybe more later.

I will be doing the center pins soon, anybody have any tips or tricks for doing this machine?

Or any general thoughts about the machine...

I like the machine pretty well, I have the Deutz with a 4 speed, seems to be a good combination.  Have lots of work lined up for it, I use it conjunction with my horses to allow me to do large and hard-to-access tracts.

Thanks!
Benjamin Harris
Appalachian Mountains of Virginia
horse_logger@me.com

thenorthman

google "skidder parts used" and a couple few outfits will show up, they all do shipping, and most of em have used tires, granted most of the tires arn't a whole lot better then bald... but they claim they hold air...

If you can find cheap new tires... you should play the lottery or go to vegas.  18.4x26 new round here is $1600-1900, apiece... there are places online that sell for a bit less but they are made in the republic of whoknows and the quality is a bit questionable...
well that didn't work

1270d

Tire chains will help your tire life quite a bit.  You might find em online cheaper.  Probably around 1500 a set.   I've gotten a couple sets From C list like brand new for a co siderable discount.

smwwoody

I have a set of Babac Multi ring chains for 23.1s that only have about 2 months of running on them they have more rings than standard bear paws.  only 3 links between the rings not the standard 5 or 7 links.  they give a much smoother ride and bite real good.  they also offer more protection.  I am in buckingham county  send me a pm if your are interested.  these are not cheep chains i think the retailed for around $2500.

note to the forum

if they sell i will send a donation to the forum

just like they were in the for sale section

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

ga jones

Davco in Farmington Maine for all your pins and bushings. Your local timberjack dealer for axle parts. Aftermarket inc. makes parts for most axles. A lot of the time cheaper than used. There's a guy on Craigslist for tires just look up skidder. He's in va.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Thank You Sponsors!