iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Drill baby Drill

Started by beenthere, July 12, 2011, 01:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Today the rotary well driller rig pulled in to drill the well deeper. Water isn't replenishing fast enough to keep up with pumping full time. Hopefully another 40-50' will fix that.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Radar67

I hope to be seeing that same sight by the end of the month. Time to get my well drilled.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

pigman

Ken, your yard looks like it needs fertilizing again. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

LOGDOG

How deep is your well already? And how many feet of screen do you have in it? The well we drilled on our place is 380 feet deep with 60 feet of screen in it. I'm pumping about 80,000 gallons a day out of it these days and have for years off and on as the pond needs it. I talked to a guy last night though who lives on the other side of town. He said they're lucky to get 4 or 5 gallons a minute at his place. THey have to baby it.

T Red

Quote from: LOGDOG on July 12, 2011, 03:22:23 PM
I'm pumping about 80,000 gallons a day out of it these days and have for years off and on as the pond needs it.

That's is one heck of a pump and well.  55 gal/min?  Impressive.

Tim

beenthere

Well, the well driller is gone and the pump back down.

The well was 320', and now it is 400'
Before drilling past the 320' mark, the well driller blew out the water and didn't get much "replenish" as originally expected was happening. Just beyond the 320' mark, there was plenty of water but he continued to 400'.  Plenty of water. Now the pump is down at 360' depth and am pumping out the chorine dumped down to sterilize the well.

LOGDOG
Not familiar with the "screen" you asked about? We have about 70' of casing from the top, but just drilled hole through limestone the rest of the depth.

And yes, I do need to fertilize again. :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

OneWithWood

You realize that if you fertilize you will just need to mow more often... :-\
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

pigman

Not the way Ken fertilizes. He used Roundup by mistake.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

LOGDOG

Yep T Red ...I've got a 3 phase, 3 h.p. , 55 gpm pump in there. She pumps solid and never sputters. It's a good well. She's 380' deep and I want to say static water level is about 180' deep.

Beenthere ..... when I say screen I'm referring to the perforated casing that is actually screened to allow the water to enter the shaft of the pipe. Normally you'll run solid casing down so far and then run some screen sections to allow the water from whichever water column you want to draw from to penetrate the casing. Down here 20' of screen is common. But since we knew we were going to have a large demand on the well we went with 60' of screen. Fortunately there's enough of a water column to support that much screen.On yours though you may not need the screen. They may just be letting it leech out of the limestone into the well bore and then be pumped upward.

LeeB

Never any shortage of fertilizer around here.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!