iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Try not to laugh, But Preformance mods for Homelite??

Started by Komatsu_Mech1, October 18, 2013, 10:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Komatsu_Mech1

Hello everyone, I am brand new here and thought I would throw up this idea I have had for a while about modding up this old homelite ez start I got. It was my first was and had set for probably 10 years, but I dug it out cleaned it up and now it runs pretty good, it pushing out 150psi of comp, but I would like to get cutting a little, well a lot better. I was thinking of some porting work, carb, Big bore maybe?? Anyone ever been down this road or am I going for something unrealistic. It would obviously not be expected to run everyday and would just be more of a sleeper saw.

chainsaw dog

IS IT A SUPER EASY?JUST GOT ONE FOR MY HOMELITE COLLECTION.HAVE ABOUT 12 I GUESS XL S  HAVEN GOT MINE TO FIRE YET .I KEEP THEM ORIGINAL.RUN IT A LITTLE ; DRAIN IT .PUT IT BACK TOSLEEP
New saws don't have personalities until they're old

Al_Smith

To answer the question there isn't any saw made that can't be enhanced .However the saw in question would be better served to remain entirely stock as a preservation of historical value .

Plan-b

Quote from: Komatsu_Mech1 on October 18, 2013, 10:43:28 PM
Hello everyone, I am brand new here and thought I would throw up this idea I have had for a while about modding up this old homelite ez start I got. It was my first was and had set for probably 10 years, but I dug it out cleaned it up and now it runs pretty good, it pushing out 150psi of comp, but I would like to get cutting a little, well a lot better. I was thinking of some porting work, carb, Big bore maybe?? Anyone ever been down this road or am I going for something unrealistic. It would obviously not be expected to run everyday and would just be more of a sleeper saw.

easy..

1.  Open up the muffler

2.  sharp chain.
Team Junk

Little Al

Quote from: Al_Smith on October 19, 2013, 05:04:21 PM
To answer the question there isn't any saw made that can't be enhanced .However the saw in question would be better served to remain entirely stock as a preservation of historical value .
+1 on this, but if you want a wee bit extra Omph,  remove the innards from the muffler [keep safe for above reason], retune carb, & get your self a set of ear defenders & go cut some wood

Al_Smith

Oh it's kind of like putting a 350 Chevy engine in a model A Ford .Sure it's neat but it really isn't a model A in the true sense of the word after that .

Komatsu_Mech1

Well the muffler has never had anything in it as long as I have had it, and she defiantly blats, (which the cool factor for this saw). Is there any place to get parts for these old timers? If can figure out how to get a picture up here I will post one of it. I have done porting work on sleds before and thought this might be a good one to practice on before ripping in to my working saws. Is there any larger model saws from this era that might have a compatible top end??

Thank You Sponsors!