iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer 2000 - 40 LT Super.. first buy...[finally]

Started by Wingding, January 18, 2024, 09:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingding

Greetings All !   
                      Well I finally did it.... Took me long enough but I finally got a portable Saw Mill... I bit on a woodmizer 40 LT Super.. Has the Command center.. Debarker.. A laser.. The accuset 2 [not sure if that is a standard option on the 40LT Super] A Nissan 36 HP engine. 1767 original hours...

Was already in with woodmizer on buy a new35 LT and was in the waiting and paying up process    but decided to go this route...

Im hoping it was a good move...As much as Ive researched them... Just wondering about the year 2000 .. its pushing quarter century.. But I was counting on the hours being pretty low...Looks rather clean ..engine and all .. Going to try and put  up a few photos..

Anything I should be concerned with with a saw mill this age? oops ..says the gallery is offline, check back soon... well Ill add them in the thread later...
There You Go Man-Keep as Cool as you Can-Face Piles of Trials  with Smiles- It riles them to believe you preceive the web they weave-Keep on thinking Free...

Magicman

Call Wood-Mizer with the S/N and register it.  They can give you a history rundown on the sawmill.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

barbender

Condition is everything on a used machine. I run a 97 LT40 Super. There's not much different on 2023.

It will be a fine machine for you. The only concern I would have is parts availability for the Nissan engine. Those are pretty rare.
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SawyerTed

Clean it up.  Service the engine.  Check and adjust the alignment. 

Saw with it and enjoy!   

Don't worry about the Nissan engine.  It's unusual on sawmills but iwas
a common forklift motor.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

caveman

We went the opposite route in 2010 when we purchased a new LT-28, which was a fine manual mill.  If we were reliving that decision, we would have spent the same money on a used hydraulic mill.  Compared to the LT-35, your new to you mill, with the debarker, laser, Accuset II (great efficiency booster) and command control will have much more production capability.  The parts on all of them wear and are replaceable.  There are several here who regularly run their older mills to earn a living. 
Caveman

B.C.C. Lapp

Its a Woodmizer.    If it was taken care of and used right it will serve you well for pretty much as long as you want I'd say.   When you can post some pics.  Good luck with it.
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

PAmizerman

My 2000 lt40 super has the Kubota diesel and over 5000 hours on it. Great mill
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

tacks Y

Wingding, welcome to the FF. Did this come from an auction, I think I saw it? How many cylinder is the engine? Hope it serves you well.

DocGP

Quote from: PAmizerman on January 19, 2024, 08:52:10 AM
My 2000 lt40 super has the Kubota diesel and over 5000 hours on it. Great mill

Man I wish they would go back to the Kubota engines!!

Doc
Ole Country Vet
LT 50 HDD
MX 5100 for the grunt work
Stihl MS 261 C-M

Wingding

Wow Where to start! Well I want to thank everyone  for All the good advice.... Yes I need to show photos and I believe Tack Y is already on to Woodmizer LT 40 I got.. Yes it was a very recent Auction...Want to say YOU MAKE ME FEEL GOOD Caveman..I was hoping moving off a New LT35 and one a older 2000 LT40 Super would be hopefully be a good move...Thats right BCC LAPP i need to get some photos up... Ok...I keep trying but something about the file Im trying to upload.... well this Old timer is somewhat challenged by computer technology... Ill try and figure it out... Been working with wood for 30 plus years.... Have a number of huge heavy scmi machines ...Table saw- Planer -Shaper.
Was getting Hardwood plank from the local Northern Hardwoods Mill.... Plane it...T &G  including the butt ends ... Always wanted to go 360... Beginning to end... Now I can.Have a 40 acre forest that is packed with huge oaks and Maples every inch of the way. Some already on the ground... I was thinking if anyone has a pellet mill and uses all the saw dust to make wood pellets and heat the house? .... Figure I might as well take advantage and heat the house  with all the saw dust.
There You Go Man-Keep as Cool as you Can-Face Piles of Trials  with Smiles- It riles them to believe you preceive the web they weave-Keep on thinking Free...

caveman

The picture gallery is down for a bit as Jeff does some kind of change over with the forum.  Don't get me wrong, the LT-35 is a fine mill, but the one you bought should be more productive due to the features mentioned as well as a bigger engine and faster hydraulics.
Caveman

chet

Wingding, welcome to da forum, from a fellow Yooper.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Wingding

Greeting Fellow Yooper!   I hate to say I was a 32 year FULL TIME YOOPER but I got Married and the wife [from big city] took a look at my place nestled deep on the forest... Ah.... She started.... ah...... Crying....Said she was scared.....!? I was like ..'Scared of what'...???   A BEAR!!!!  ..Ah..She was worth keeping sooooooo I had to find a place to make her happy... But I still spend end  of May to sometime in October at my Yooper home every year[Part of our Deal] ))  You can take the Yooper outta the U^P but you Cant take the U^P outta the Yooper! Gosh I miss it when im gone...Snow and All! Ill be bringing the 40LT Super U^P in June this Year..Will not see it till then... Long hard wait!  What part of the U^P are you from Chet?  Im in the middle of the Keweenaw Peninsula... Houghton area...oops new here and just getting use to the site.... Iron River! yes indeed been there many times!

barbender

I have a Kubota 1505 under the bench for if and when the Lombardini gives up the ghost.

If I was buying a new WM with a diesel, I would work them hard trying to buy a "glider" without an engine. I don't know if they'd even consider or are able to do that, but I'd much rather equip a mill with a pre emissions Kubota 1505T. Woodmizer has the mounting parts or at least the design and drawings for them, as this was an engine they equipped the mills with for several years.
Too many irons in the fire

Wingding

Ok.. tried to add photos to the my opener of the thread but it did not work.. Probably because Im not suppose to do that ... So maybe you add them at the end of the thread.. So here goes...This Ole Timer aint that sharp with the computer so forgive me if I get this all wrong...woodmizer.jpgwoodmizer1.jpgwoodmizer2.jpg
Here is a space I want to try and type, seems to work... We will see when I save
woodmizer5.jpg

ADMIN EDIT> Sorry for altering your post, but it was a good place to test. Checking top see if you can write between or after images Don't mind me eh?  :)

Jeff

And another test. When I selected modify on this post, I could see the code for attachment I.D., and a row of images.  Can I take one of those and make the same picture appear in another post? Lets try.

Here is the code.[attach id=9274]
and posted here:
[attach id=9274]
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Jeff

Welcome wingding. I am at our place on the east end, near Detour Village much of the year.

rusticretreater

Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Wingding

Hopefully here is one of the rare 36HP Nissan engine in it..and you will notice the accust is the older version and not the accuset2... I did check around and that Nissan engine is not easy to find ,,,say the least But i got some good tips here that they are found in forklifts  and a company called Wiese Forklift carries Nissan engine parts.woodmizer10.jpgwoodmizer11.jpgwoodmizer8.jpg

Wingding

Well somehow i messed up the engine photo so lets try that again... woodmizer6.jpg

Thank You Sponsors!