iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fixed DanG Weed Whip!!! I think....

Started by CHARLIE, August 12, 2005, 04:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

I reckon I'll be taking the carb off then.  I best see if I can buy a carb kit first though.

Tom, that's scary!  Living robots now?!!!  We're really gonna create a HAL someday.

Thanks to everyone for all the help.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

CHARLIE

I'm sorta like DanG in my thinking. If there is work to be done, I'll do a whole heap o' thinkin' to see if there is an easier way.  Maybe it's a Southern thing.  Maybe that's why there is so many things invented in the South. :)

Anyway, because of all the help and suggestions, I finally determined the problem was fuel related in that it wasn't getting enough fuel.  Either the fuel filter was clogged or the carb was gummed up.  I REALLY didn't want to take the carb off in the worst way.  So, I figured if I could get a carb cleaner to run through the carb, it would clean it out. 

Well, Sea Foam Sales Co. in Hopkins, Minnesota puts out a product called Sea Foam Auto Marine Motor Tune-Up.  It can be used to clean injectors, clean carbs, carbon cleaner, fuel stabilizer, de-icer anti gel, Upper Cylinder Lube, Frees lifters-rings, Dries oil and fuel.  It says to use through carburetor or vacuum line. Use in oil crankcase. Use in all fuels, gas or diesel.  Use in all engines, 2 cycle, 4 cycle, Diesels.  Use in cars, trucks, boats, tractors and small engines.

I spotted the reference to the "2 cycle" and also the "small engines".  So.......I put 1 ounce of Sea Foam into the fuel tank full of 2 cycle oil and gas of my weed whip.  I shook it good to mix it up and then started the engine at 1/2 choke.  I then ran it at full throttle until the fuel tank was very close to empty.  The carb on my weedwhip has a little clear plastic primer pump on the top.  The thing I noticed the most was that when I first started the engine, the fuel wasn't moving through that primer much at all.  As the fuel tank got down to 1/2 empty, the fuel was really moving through the primer pump.  I figured the Sea Foam must've cleaned the fuel filter. When the tank was almost empty, I opened the choke all the way and moved the throttle trigger from idle to full bore, back and forth and back and forth.  Now the Weed whip will run at fully opened choke.

So, for those of you that have small engines that only run at 1/2 choke, I suggest you try running some Sea Foam though it by adding it to your fuel.  Anyway, it's worth a try. You don't have anything to lose but the price of a can of Sea Foam.

Sea Foam Sales Co.
P.O. Box 5178
Hopkins, Mn. 55343-1178

When added to crankcase (oil)           
- Frees sticky lifters & rings     - Increases RPM's vacuum &
                                                  compression
- Cleans dirty parts                 - Cleans PCV valve systems
- Removes moisture   

When added to gas or diesel fuel tank
- Cleans fuel injectors & carb jets   - De-ices & removes moisture
- Cleans carbon as you drive          - Diesel fuel conditioner & antigel
- Lubricates upper cylinders            - Stabilizes Fuel

When used thru injection or carburetor
- Cleans carbon build up        - Cleans intake valves & pistons
- Gives smoother idle             - Cleans catalytic converter odors
- Cures hesitations & pings    - Restores power & pickup
At high idle, with engine warm, slowly pour 1/2 pint thru carberator or throttle body throat. Flood or stall engine out.  ( If vehicle is port injected use Sea Foam thru PCV valve or a main manifold vacuum line)  Restart engine after 5 minutes. Be sure exhaust is well ventilated. Fumes will be extreme for a short time. Can be used in injector cleaning machines.

When used in small (2 or 4 cycle) engines
- Cleans carbon build up      - Restores power
- Cleans carburetor              - Smoothes rough idle
- Stabilizes fuel                    - Removes moisture
One pint treats 8 to 25 gal. of gas (avg 1 ounce per gallon) or 6 to 12 gallons of gas /oil mix (avg 2 ounces per gallon).  Does not replace oil. Use frequently.  For tune-up and storage of small engines, inject Sea Foam into carburetor or spark-plug holes. To fog engines for storage saturate internal parts thouroughly.

Y'all give it a try....I was happy with the results. 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Tom

Well, Charlie, is Hopkins in Southern Mn.? :D

CHARLIE

Uhhhhhhhhh...no....I think it's a suburb of the Twin Cities........
Charlie

ScottAR

Sea foam is great stuff.  We sell it as fast as we get it at my job.  They make a pretty decent pentetrating spray too but it can't be as good as our sponser...  ;)
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Thank You Sponsors!