iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fishin' from the air

Started by Den Socling, April 14, 2004, 12:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

I was camped along Pine Creek about 25 miles upstream from the house this morning. I was checking out the mess in my canoe from yesterday ( :() when I saw a Bald Eagle come in low. It flew in circles back and forth across the stream. The trout were so scared that were jumping out of the water. It was the DanGest thing! Fish that were 20 feet in front of the flight path would leap. The eagle just kept flying with an occasional drop to the water. As it worked down stream, it ran into two pairs of geese. They set up a honkin'!  :D

A couple years ago, I was watching a Bald Eagle sitting on a branch of a big White Pine. It dropped off the branch and torpedoed into the water. It came up with nothing but what I saw next amazed me. It stopped flapping in mid-air and shook like a dog. Water went flying and then so did the eagle.

Kirk_Allen

Watching the bald eagles do their thing is amazing.  While in Homer Alaska we would throw fish guts up in the air at them and they would grab them.  Its awesome to be that close to them.

If you ever get the chance to go to Haines, Alaska do so in the winter.   Haines is where thousands of bald eagles migrate to in the winter.  It is truly an awesome site.

http://www.haines.ak.us/hainesweb/about/index.html#eagle

Rocky_J

I wasn't fishin' from the air this weekend, but I did get out with my old man on his boat for the express purpose of hooking a couple largemouth bass. Now that he is retired, he is looking to spend a little more time with us kids. I'm grateful for the opportunity to share time with him and it's even more fun when I can outfish him in his own boat! We only caught a few but I did have a nice 18" that was about 3 lbs.
 8)

Thank You Sponsors!