iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 41 troubles

Started by JeepGuy, July 23, 2012, 11:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeepGuy

I have a Husqvarna 41 saw that my Dad used when he was in the business for limbing and such. At some point it took a fall and the Starter Pulley broke. I just replaced that and the spark plug. Thankfully it was empty so I put mix gas and bar oil in and it fired up but shut down when I applied throttle. Eventually I got it to spin the chain and even sawed through a log for one pass then shut it down. Now it will only crank with starter fluid and shuts down when I try to throttle it up it dies and won't crank back up. I believe there is a fuel leak somewhere because it leaks fuel when I turn it on it's side. Anyone have suggestions on a fix? BTW the bar that was put on there by a borrower is Poulan but that shouldn't affect it since it ran the one time with it. Thanks.

beenthere

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have a real problem on your hands.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

JOE.G

Becarful with starter fluid, I don't think it is to safe to use with 2 stroke motors. I would fix the fuel problem first, and then see if it fires up. If you have a compression tester check that also.
Husqvarna 562XP Woods Ported .025 pop up MM
Husqvarna Rancher 55 2005
Husqvarna 450 Anniversary Edition 2010
STIHL 009 1998
STIHL HT 131 Pole Saw 2012
STIHL FS 110 R Trimmer 2010
STIHL BR 600 Magnum Blower 2012

JeepGuy

Sat down yesterday and decided to dig and find the problem. didn't take long because after a careful look at the fuel line I could see that it had just about disintegrated. Replaced that and about 10 pulls to deliver fuel and she coughed. Turned the choke off and she cranked right up. Didn't make any cuts but she sounded good. so for about 15 dollars and a little time this little forgotten saw will probably give me several years of work before the Husqvarna dealer sells me another. I'll try to get a video of her in action. Thanks guys.

Clam77

Good you found the problem - woulda been atleast a $100 bill's worth of looking if you'd taken it to the shop..    ;)
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

Thank You Sponsors!