iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

c5 tree farmer

Started by MEloggah, March 15, 2013, 05:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MEloggah

looking for one for sale in the north east. cant find any decent ones anywheres. needs to have a duetz. if you boys know of any let me know. thanks

BP

Stephen Alford

Good hunters tell me that if you stare at a picture or drawing of what you are hunting before you begin your chances of  finding what you want increase.  So FWIW  (fresher would be better) Good luck.    :-\

logon

David-L

MElogger, My buddy had one and I know he maintained it ( top end done, new tires were Forestry Specials. Good starting Duetz 9L512. This is the motor I have in my 225 Jack and it is full of low end power. He sold it to a forester friend who was going to log but has sat more than has been used. I will look into it if you wish. Rumor on the block is that he would sell it. he paid 17k for it. Alot but once you start adding what it cost to fix these old ones up it aint. I am thinking 14 tops.

David-L
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

MEloggah

yep. thats about what they go for here in good shape. we sold a c4 with a duetz last summer for 18,500 but that baby was cherry. we have had 2 c4s (one with a perkins) 4 c5s (2 with detroits) a c3, a couple jd's and now since i sold the c4 ive been using 640d. im not a fan of jd due to the cost of parts when things go to hell. we have always been a tree farmer family so i know exactly what im lookin for. ide actually consider a c5 with a detroit if the machine was in good enough shape and ide just swap it out for a duetz. thanks guys.

nice lookin tf!

David-L

MElogger,
I saw one in the sawlog bulletin ( C5 detroit), Still checking on the one in munson,mass and I know of one in marlborugh, vt that if he still has it could be bought right. You can send me a PM at my e-mail and I could give you some #s.
                             David L

MEloggah

thanks. i did see the one in sawlagbull. as well.

David-L

MEloggah,
C5    Duetz 5 cyl, I new the logger who had it before this individual and he did the maintenance, top end all five, new tires,etc. The new guy thinks it gold but you could always make him an offer. He did not use it much. I know he paid 17k which is 5k to much. His name is Dennis and his # is 1-413-531-2022. Western, mass.
                            david-l

MEloggah

Thank You Sponsors!