iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Home built slabber

Started by flip, June 13, 2007, 10:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwood

JPgreen, Thanks, it is still a work in progress. I am now powering with a JD bulldozer engine, and coupling it to both a 9' bar and a 72 throat bandmill (one on each side, so cutting direction will vary depending on which I am using). I am thinking there will be a docking station at each end to detatch whichever is not in use at the time. The stations will consume some track length, but I rarely need all 40' anyhow. The engine, 9' bar and bandwheels are here and most other misc. parts I just need to get the time to get to work. I tend to dream big, which can make things a LITTLE drawn out. ;D ;D I'll keep you posted.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

jpgreen

What is a man, if for not his big dreams?  .... :D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

jpgreen

I remember seeing pics of you slabber before. I've got a Husky 3120 that I've kept for building one. 

Be good to see a close up of your carriage and bar up/down sections sometime.

I know you're into crotch woods.  I was at my sis and bro inlaw's farm last week, and there are trees from the 1800's- oak, ginkco, and more with huge diameters and crotches. House was built in 1873.

Probably not a big deal for you guys back east, but is a big deal for a california boy.
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

olyman

Quote from: TexasTimbers on June 27, 2007, 12:54:57 PM
Having a scale like that on it makes me think it was not used to lift a picjup camper. I don't know what though.
agree--ive had camper jacks---aint nothing like that--those are fine quality--wonder what they did come off of ??????????

Kssawguy

Stevensam, if you're still out there can you please tell me how many teeth are on the sprockets you used? Also what series of roller chain you used?

Thank You Sponsors!