iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by slidecreekdan, December 17, 2007, 05:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slidecreekdan

Howdy all,  Been setting back for a while now, watching and reading. Seem like a lot of nice folk on this sight. So thought I would say hello.
  I love to saw, with a Woodmizer, and have the same  intrestes as a lot of folk on this sight.
  I live off the power grid, strickly solar and generater power. High in the Blue Mountains of Eastern Oregon.
   Well talk at youall later
                                       Slidecreekdan

Jeff

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Slidecreekdan. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Steve

Dan

Glad to see you here. You live in a beautiful part of the country there. I'm just West of you a ways.
Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

SwampDonkey

Welcome aboard slidecreekdan. Lots of reading material, help yourself and maybe you can help someone out with an idea or opinion.  Don't forget the pics. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

John_Haylow

Welcome to the forum. I think you will find it most enjoyable. They aren't kidding about the pics. :)
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

brdmkr

Welcome to the forum.  Did someone mention that we like pics?
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

wesdor

Welcome to the forum slidecreekdan.  As others have said, you will find this place to contain a wealth of knowledge and also a lot of great folks.

About 10 years ago we drove from central Washington back to the midwest and chose to go south though Oregon.  We thought the eastern side of Oregon would be mostly desert and were pleasantly surprised at the fantastic land we found.  You have a great place to live.

Hope to hear and see more from you in the future.

sgtmaconga

hello and merry christmas
Measure twice cut once

sawdust

Pics,,, and food.   :P
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Haytrader

Wecome from Kansas too.

We appreciate you joining the FF. Stick around and make some friends as all of us have. We like to know what ya do, how ya do it, when ya do it, and who ya do it with. Heck, I would like to know how you can get on the net when you are off the grid. Are you close enough to a wireless tower?
Haytrader

happyj

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Slidecreekdan.

I can't speak for anyone else but, personally i like pics

379hammerdown

Welcome to the forum! I've learned SO MUCH here its amazing. I visit here almost every day... though I rarely have anything of value to contribute! There are many here that truly know their stuff... and any question you may have can be answered from many angles. Stick around... and if you don't have any questions.. just make some stupid comment (Like me  :D) once and a while so we know your around!!!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Roxie

Howdy!  I like yer name!   :)
Say when

slidecreekdan

WOW!!!!!! I cant believe the welcome. I truely thank you all. We do have solar power, so that it how we run this computer.
  Seems like all my pictures are to big to get loaded.  And I dont know how to resize.  Oh well, Guess I,ll keep trying.
                                    Thanks All

woodbeard

Welcome, Dan!
For the pics, a lot of us use the free trial version of Xat, which you can find at
www.xat.com it's pretty easy to use.

Furby

Welcome to the forum. 8)

Instructions for resizing, uploading and posting pics can be found under the help button at the top of the page.
Need any help, just yell! :)

slidecreekdan

Sorry boys, I guess I was born to saw lumber, not  run a computer.  I see all the info about how to do this and how to do that , but I just cant get it.  Computer dumby.
                                 Thank guys

tcsmpsi

Well, slidecreek, you think we're just supposed to sit back and accept "computer dumby" as a final answer to the pic dilemma?

If a hardhead like me can figure it out, then anyone can.   ;)

Welcome. 

What do you saw mostly?
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

rockchucker

Hey slidecreekdan Welcome!

I am a newbie to the forum and I have already learned quite a bit from these dudes!

Are you by the Slide creek off of Cougar Res by the hot springs by chance?  Great area!  Used to go up to the hot springs as a kid with the family and go get naked!  Nothin' like being in a natural hot spring in the middle of the wild!
-Cory

slidecreekdan

Rockchuck, We live on the Middle Fork of the John Day River out of Long Creek.

thecfarm

Welcome to the forum.How long you been sawing for?What you got for a WM,hyds?What are you doing with all your lumber,selling it,building with it?How are you getting your logs?Sounds like you have quite the life there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!