iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mange

Started by stavebuyer, December 30, 2021, 07:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stavebuyer

I just got an image from one of my cell cameras of a Coyote with a severe case of mange. I don't have much use for Coyotes but this critter has to be suffering. Natures' way of keeping the population in check. Hunting and trapping are much more humane than disease and starvation. I purposely decided not to post the picture. It is that bad.  :embarassed:

goose63

That stuff is bad I've shot a few with it
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Southside

Same here, killed one that managed to squeeze into a chicken coop.  Literally used a 5' pole to drag it out into the woods.  It was nasty.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

barbender

Mange got into the wolf packs out on Isle Royale National Park in Lake Superior, about wiped them out so now the moose population exploded. 
Too many irons in the fire

SwampDonkey

Yep, it's bad stuff for sure. Not seen any 'yotes with it, they stay out of site here. But we have a lot of'm.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

newoodguy78

Few years ago I took out a couple foxes with it real bad. It is definitely nasty stuff. 

HemlockKing

Haven't ever seen a animal
With mange around here. I have a few hunting cams out now though so I'll be watching for some wildlife 
A1

newoodguy78

I don't know much of anything about it but it seems to go in cycles, see a couple with it then it'll be 4-5 years before I see another one. 

KEC

I attended a talk once by a wildlife pathologist who talked about mange. It is a tiny parasite that tunnels around in an animals' skin, defecating and sucking fluids as it goes along. Red Foxes are especially vulnerable to it and can have 10,000 mites per square inch of skin. A horrible way to die. If you see an animal with it, it is best to end its' suffering an keep it from giving it to  others. I have tried to learn how long those mites live after their host dies and have gotten opposite answers. Some say the mites die right away unless they can get onto a new host; others say they can live for some time. 

mike_belben

A double dose of nexgard spectra clears it right up if you wanna rescue a mange mutt.  
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!