iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Price at NY harbour today is $3.22/gallon currently.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

I paid $1.98/l for diesel this afternoon :'( Can I at least get a kiss?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Al_Smith

That would equate to about $6.10 a gallon in US dollars .Rather steep I'd say .Diesel was cheap at one time--past tense .

Ron Wenrich

Local station is $4.19 for gas, $5.49 for diesel.  They're also talking about put tolls on bridges to pay for repairs.  They raised the gas tax a couple of years ago to the highest in the nation to pay for road repairs.  California has since raised theirs to higher than ours.  They're also talking about going to a mileage tax. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

petefrom bearswamp

Not sure of the pump price for diesel here
Yes diesel was cheap in the 80s, but price went higher than gas here in the latter part of that decade.
I had 3 diesels back then a 79 Olds Cutlass supreme small block (260) with 5 speed trans, a 81 Rabbit and an 85 chev 6.2.
Replaced all as needed except the olds with gas after diesel price got higher than gas
My off rd. diesel last week was $4.699 and I dont use much since I sold the mill.
They used to have a 100 gallon minimum delivery but they reduced it to 75 gallons for me and an additional 7 bucks off for paying the driver. Still hurt tho.
BTW home heating oil was $5.299 an thank the lord I didnt need any.
I was going to retire the Classic boiler and burn oil, but not with prices as they are currently.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Al_Smith

Those little GM 260's got great mileage .I had one in a Olds wagon that was making oil  ,leaky fuel pump 50 dollar special .I let it go for $200 . :D

SwampDonkey

Gas jumped 10 cents to $1.829/litre here this morning, CDN$7.05/US gallon.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

kantuckid

On I-75 in KY we got a new Buckee's with a grand opening this week, gas prices are great above & below trying to compete with the goodies there. Ramps full of cars both ways there. I bought gas for $3.60 nearby them. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

realzed

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 21, 2022, 08:08:41 AM
Gas jumped 10 cents to $1.829/litre here this morning, CDN$7.05/US gallon.
Yesterday here in Northern Ontario our price for regular gas went from $1.72 to $1.97 a liter - $.25 in one day and for no apparent of logical reason!
That's $1.13 a gallon increase in a matter of hours!
Too bad we can't get a government that would like to make use of our country's own vast oil resources instead of tying us to the idiots of the World and their dirty oil!

SwampDonkey

Gas at US$3.31/gallon at NY Harbour is the reason ours went up. That's the bench mark for any change in regulated prices here in NB.

thecfarm

We are back up to $4.19.
Than about 20 minutes away, $3.99.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

farmfromkansas

A week ago last Wednesday I paid 3.26 for gas in El Dorado KS, yesterday in Salina KS it was 3.56 at the Sams club. Lucky I have a 4 cylinder Tacoma.  Averages 25 mpg.  Try not to drive the heavier trucks unless I need to haul cattle or the skidsteer.  Have to keep some seafoam around to keep the bigger trucks running right.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Chuck White

Price dropped here a few days ago from $4.269 to 4.199/gal
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Al_Smith

Quote from: farmfromkansas on April 22, 2022, 09:04:51 AM
 Lucky I have a 4 cylinder Tacoma.  Averages 25 mpg.  Try not to drive the heavier trucks unless I need to haul cattle or the skidsteer.  Have to keep some seafoam around to keep the bigger trucks running right.
Now you're not going to believe this but I have a '97 Ford  Ranger with a 2.3 liter over head cam  4 banger and a 2008 Full sized Mercury with a 4.6 liter V8 and they both get 26 MPG .Seems odd to me . ???

sawguy21

Diesel is bouncing back and forth between $1.98/l and $1.85, I can't figure it out. Apparently we are in for another hit this weekend, I plan my trips and only buy what I need.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Al_Smith

Today I had to get 2 cans of gasoline, lawn mowing time here in the big corn field plus a can of diesel and a can of kerosene .the later two are what we used to term "Boy Scout Oil " ,fire starter ,slash piles etc .The kerosene was over 5 bucks, the diesel was about 5 and the gas $3.61.Same gas station three different pumps . Diesel burns longer and is hotter than kerosene but the kerosene fires up easier and starts the diesel .Gasoline used for a fire starter is not the thing to do --ever 
If you do it right and start fire on top of the stack as it burns down the smoke has to pass through the flames emitting very little smoke .

Magicman

Thieves cut the fuel line under our church van and drained the gas out.  I suppose this means that theirs was free. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

Sorry to hear that. I hope they end up paying big time for may not be in this lifetime and we may never know about it.

I filled up today for $3.999/gallon. It is usually $4.099/gl but next county over is cheaper and this was near the county line.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Al_Smith

During the 60's it was great sport for some to siphon the gasoline out of farm tractors .Some it didn't work out real well because some were diesels .They didn't make it down the road very far .Back then gasoline was 27-29 cents per gallon .My mini bike held 7 cents worth of regular gas and got over 100 MPG at 24 MPH .Teen aged "east rider ". 8)

moodnacreek

You could ride around most of the weekend in a v8 '55 chevy for 2 bucks.

rusticretreater

Central Virginia I saw 3.91 today for regular, 4.98 for diesel at the Marathon station.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Al_Smith on April 25, 2022, 02:09:53 PM
During the 60's it was great sport for some to siphon the gasoline out of farm tractors .Some it didn't work out real well because some were diesels .
Sometimes they just came to the pump. When grandmother was still with us and living at her house, the switch was in her shed for the pump. She never knew if it was someone working or steeling gas cause she wouldn't know some of the people coming and going, some she did. One family near here, you couldn't get any work out of them, but they knew how to pump gas.  :D

WV Sawmiller

I worked a project in 2006 at a gold and copper mine in the Gobi Desert in Mongolia and the nearest town Khanbodh was about an hour away by dirt road. The local fuel dealer there had a Ger (Yurt) full of barrels of diesel and I assume some gasoline. There were no gas stations with pumps as we know it in the town. He lost his whole stockpile to a fire one night and we had to start putting guards on our construction equipment until the guy stole/built up enough stock to resume operations as they were cutting our fences and stealing fuel from the dozers and graders and such. Turns out the main supplier was our trash truck contractor who we provided fuel to. He'd take a load of trash from the camp to the dump at Khanbodh, siphon off all but enough fuel to make it back to camp, return for another load of trash, top off his tanks and repeat.

Remember the little springs you used to buy to put in the neck of your gas tank to keep the people from being able to get a hose in to siphon gas out of your tank? Seems like that was during the "fuel crisis" in the '70s. Remember even and odd days to get fuel based on your tag number. Some people kept 2 tags. The 10 gallon limits. No gas on Sunday except at the interstates. Remember hitchhikers carrying a gallon gas can? (It might be empty but it got you to stop.)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

SwampDonkey

Don't be surprised if the gas goes up again this week, I see $3.38/gallon, up 7 cents since Monday at NY harbour.

RPF2509

Lake Tahoe $6.35.  If you want to fuel the boat at the dock for a lake ride $9.95.  Gonna be over $10 for summer

Thank You Sponsors!