iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Lilley

Northern Maine gas $4.05, diesel $5.30, heating oil $4.70 per gallon. Gasoline most places around here are higher than $4.05, most around $4.20, but we have a locally owned station that keeps it as low as they can.

sawguy21

Well it finally happened! Diesel is $2.05/L here this afternoon, Dang this bites.  >:(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Tom King

I filled up yesterday for $73.  I had stocked up before the prices went crazy, but the lawnmower was about empty, and I had it on the trailer anyway, so I went ahead and filled it up at the non-ethanol pump.

sprucebunny

I knew diesel would be going up yet again and went to the off road diesel place on my way to an appointment in the morning. Put the 10 gallons in the excavator around lunchtime and drove the 20 miles back for more. 

The big sign had gone up 90 cents a gallon but the pump hadn't. Great ! But then the phone rang and by the time I got rid of that guy, they had raised the actual pump price from inside the store. Drat !

I was not about to pay $5.59/gallon for off road. Drove away. ( Street fuel went to $5.89 ! ) Went to another station and got clear diesel for $5.29. That's about the only way that that price for street diesel looks good  :D

Looking like heating my house will be very expensive next winter.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

SwampDonkey

Diesel is CDN $8.88/ US Gallon up here this week. Gas never moved much, down 5/10 of a cent. And that makes no sense since it has gone up 40 cents a US gallon at NY Harbour this week, higher than it has been for 3 week. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

jimbarry

It jumped 3 times this week. 6 cents on Wednesday, 19 cents on Thursday and then 8 cents on Friday.  Diesel is now just shy of CAD$2.40/L here in northeastern Nova Scotia. That's equivalent to USD$7.15/US gallon.

Dangerous_Dan

First you make it work, then you trick it out!

SwampDonkey

Sky's the limit, no oil reserve is going to do much on price in the end. We are all paying for fuel that was bought or refined sometime in the past anyway, on old price. A ship of oil leaving port might trade 15 x before reaching destination. If I ship potatoes, it doesn't work that way for me. And everyone seems just dandy with it. ::)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

hedgerow

Gas and diesel both up around here this AM. Diesel up around thirty cents currently $5.20 gas up around twenty cents and is just under four dollars at most stations. 

GRANITEstateMP

$5.99 diesel in my part of NH today. I don't watch the news, so I'll just assume the whole world has gone crazy and venture out even less than I used to
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

SwampDonkey

Diesel jumped again overnight here. It's $2.47/litre or CDN $9.33/US gallon (US$7.46).

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

DaleK

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 01, 2022, 04:08:25 AM
Diesel jumped again overnight here. It's $2.47/litre or CDN $9.33/US gallon (US$7.46).
My neighbour filled up his truck at $3.01 in NB this morning, he wasn't happy. $2.45ish here today. 
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

SwampDonkey

DaleK

I'll let him know, that's interesting. It was at a cardlock in Salisbury, there was no price per litre advertised but he was definitely charged $3.01 when he did the math
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110

SwampDonkey

DaleK

He always takes pictures of the pump for his records so he's sent them, his receipt and his credit card record to his boss to look into. The company doesn't usually go that far east but it sounds like he's going to be doing the run regularly now so he appreciates the heads up, 300 bucks extra on a weekly trip adds up
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110

SwampDonkey

Around here, most pumps sell below regulated price.

Ron Wenrich

Regular gas at $4.32, diesel at $6.39, off road at $5.39.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Ljohnsaw

Where do you go to buy off-road diesel?  Is there a pump at the station or do you need to go to somewhere special.  I've never seen it around here.  Now that I have the SkyTrak and the Ford, it might be worth finding some.  Road diesel is a little over $6 now.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Ron Wenrich

There are 2 stations in town that sell off road diesel.  Its home heating oil.  It has the red dye.  At the mill, we had the local oil man fill our tanks each week.  Ran our gen set and all the off road equipment with it.

Overnight, the off road jumped from $5.39 to $5.84.  Diesel is at $6.53, and will probably go up in the next delivery. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

SwampDonkey

Diesel dropped 7 cents a litre here, $2.39 8/10/litre.

Ed_K

Went thru town this morning reg gas was $4.19 and diesel was $6.499 might as well call it $6.50.
Ed K

ron barnes

Stopped at Kroger in Cartersville, GA to fill my F250 with diesel.  Sign showed 4.69.  When I started the pump it showed 3.76.  I put 18 gallons in and was quite happy with the deal.  When I got back to Aiken, SC I filled up at Sam's Club.  Diesel was up to 5.11 here.  Big change in prices in just over 220 miles.

Peter Drouin

Filled my tank for the mill today $5.65  $1265.00  8)
Sold $3500.00 of lumber too. 
I think I'm ahead. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!