iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dose anyone still use these

Started by Alligator, July 07, 2014, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alligator

I must have filled a thousand of these. Some of them behind the mill when it was freezing.

Can anyone tell how much we sawed today?
Esterer Sash Gang is a  Money Machine

drobertson

Yep, that's the way it's done, high production of course, but have done it a few times here.  Bout the best you can get in my view.   
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Alligator

Dimension Tally sheet and Excel Spread Sheet Calculator
also 2 Examples

ozarkgem

Looks like a hole in one and 6 under par. I have no idea what it is. Pre electronic tally sheet I would guess. OK How many board feet
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

terrifictimbersllc

I get 26028 bf. Warn't no portable sawmill. :o :o :o
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Stephen1

I will agree! i started to add it, then TT replied. It saved me doing it, but was thinking there should be a formula to go with the tally sheet.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Alligator

I've been away from the lumber business 20 years. Oddly enough I'm an IT project manager, but I don't do sawmills. I've never seen an electronic tally. That is why I ask. I thought there had to be a better way than sitting in that metal folding chair with a clipboard in 25 degree weather, with a 20 mph north wind.

As far as the footage goes, I guess I got carried away with the dots. I started running it up 3 times and every time the phone rang with a hour support call, lost my place, I finally gave up. I remember it's a lots more serious when you are counting your own money.

Hope someone can use the tally sheets. I did them on MS Visio, a Microsoft CAD/Drawing program. It's pretty simple to use.

Alligator

Board Ft. Head Calc

1x4 = 1/3 x L
1x6 = 1/2 x L
1X8 = 2/3 X L
1X10 = 1/6 L - L
1X12 = L

2X4 = 2/3 X L
2X6 = L
2X8 = L X 1-1/3
2X10 = L X 1 -2/3
2X12 = 2 X L

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: Alligator on July 08, 2014, 09:09:57 PM
Oddly enough I'm an IT project manager, ....

Having worked in the IT field for 13 years in everything from desktop support to data center design, all I can say is.....

I offer my most sincere condolences.  :)

(Running a sawmill is far more rewarding).  :)

Banjo picker

Quote from: Alligator on July 08, 2014, 09:55:25 PM
Board Ft. Head Calc

1x4 = 1/3 x L
1x6 = 1/2 x L
1X8 = 2/3 X L
1X10 = 1/6 L - L
1X12 = L

2X4 = 2/3 X L
2X6 = L
2X8 = L X 1-1/3
2X10 = L X 1 -2/3
1X12 = 2 X L

Might want to recheck that list. ;)  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Alligator

Quote from: Banjo picker on July 08, 2014, 10:11:01 PM
Quote from: Alligator on July 08, 2014, 09:55:25 PM
Board Ft. Head Calc

1x4 = 1/3 x L
1x6 = 1/2 x L
1X8 = 2/3 X L
1X10 = 1/6 L - L
1X12 = L

2X4 = 2/3 X L
2X6 = L
2X8 = L X 1-1/3
2X10 = L X 1 -2/3
2X12 = 2 X L

Might want to recheck that list. ;)  Banjo
Sorry

Alligator

Quote from: Delawhere Jack on July 08, 2014, 10:07:38 PM
Quote from: Alligator on July 08, 2014, 09:09:57 PM
Oddly enough I'm an IT project manager, ....

Having worked in the IT field for 13 years in everything from desktop support to data center design, all I can say is.....

I offer my most sincere condolences.  :)

(Running a sawmill is far more rewarding).  :)
That's one reason I am enjoying the company here. Not the people you meet in the IT field. I grew up in the sawmill and all my friends lived on farms and in the country. I'm sort of a odd duck in IT meetings, but they all are kind of afraid of me because I out think them in most situations. Part of that is the sawmill background. You have to look a all the angles when  you're dealing with sawmills, labor, machinery, and the public. Most IT people don't do well in at least 2 of those, pick 2.

Alligator

Here is the answer. terrifictimbersllc nailed it. Of course he knew. I attached an excel Spread Sheet. You can zero the Pcs columns and use it if you like. A supplement to the toolbox.

Alligator

Here's a blank all dressed up

Alligator

Some how I uploaded the wrong one. Just a suggestion, save it as a job name before you edit it. You have to enable editing when you download it.

Thank You Sponsors!