Peter Drouin

More, :D :D

Some hard maple and Spruce too.

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

OlJarhead

Does your mill ever stop! :D

How long does it take you to mill up a load like that?
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Peter Drouin

Quote from: OlJarhead on February 29, 2016, 12:31:48 PM
Does your mill ever stop! :D

How long does it take you to mill up a load like that?

3 hrs ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

OlJarhead

hahaha that made me laugh!
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

venice

bkaimwood

Peter...you are killing me with all these beautiful trucks, full of beautiful logs... I have a wanted ad here nearly begging for a pine supply...seems you can't get away from it!!! Lords sake, send a truck or two here!!! Nice setup, logs, and sawing as always, Peter...
bk

4x4American

I've seen how Pete operates, the log truck loads the logs on his sawmill deck and he has it sawed by the time the grapple plucks the next log lol
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

I like how he had the pup loaded yesterday btw
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

Ya, getting calls with the nice days we are getting now, And they just posted the roads today.

bkaimwood, Don't you have loggers over there?
A&P saw Mill LLC.

MikeZ

4 x 4- I just noticed your property list at bottom. Had to chuckle. That doesn't make you feel uneasy knowing your assessor can see all your property for taxation purpose?    :D
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

4x4American

Quote from: MikeZ on February 29, 2016, 10:19:52 PM
4 x 4- I just noticed your property list at bottom. Had to chuckle. That doesn't make you feel uneasy knowing your assessor can see all your property for taxation purpose?    :D

:D :D :D 
Well ya know, just a little bit..but after the first few sleepless nights I got over it! lol

Boy, back in my day..

woodworker9

Quote from: bkaimwood on February 29, 2016, 06:33:08 PM
Peter...you are killing me with all these beautiful trucks, full of beautiful logs... I have a wanted ad here nearly begging for a pine supply...seems you can't get away from it!!! Lords sake, send a truck or two here!!! Nice setup, logs, and sawing as always, Peter...

No kidding.  I'm having the same problem here.  I want to start cutting frame parts for my new shop, and can't find a logger around here to save my life.
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

Peter Drouin

Quote from: woodworker9 on February 29, 2016, 11:16:39 PM
Quote from: bkaimwood on February 29, 2016, 06:33:08 PM

No kidding.  I'm having the same problem here.  I want to start cutting frame parts for my new shop, and can't find a logger around here to save my life.

If you have a university in your state or a forest department it will have a list of foresters you can call.
Or if you see a logging truck follow it you will find a logger.  :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

bkaimwood

It would seem there's no loggers around here...the denser location of them in minimum an hour away, most likely two, and being hauling is of such significant cost, I can't typically get even a returned call...the routes you explained, and most I've found on the forum have been exhausted and run down long ago. The few I have found never seem to have what I need, the rest never follow through or fall off the face of the earth. The largest percentage of my supply comes from tree services, and if works most times, but costs lots more time tracking stuff down, visits, and hauling on my end, all a significant cost in $$$, not to mention the huge efficiency drop of me spending so much time getting them, rather than sawing them. I still have faith one day I'll hook up with the right guy...
bk

Bandmill Bandit

It'll come BK.

I started out doing a a lot of chasing. Now when i get in my truck to go look at logs its either standing trees that the tree service guys are going to be cutting down or decks of logs that the oil field construction guys want gone.

EPA wont let them leave the logs laying and the with the fire reg it is cheaper to for them to pay freight to get them gone before fines start to accumulate.

On the tree service guys I get paid to take the logs as a rule and the oil field stuff the contractor will often pay the freight to get the logs gone. 

Also farmers that have done selective logging on pasture land.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Peter Drouin

Loggers in NH have big saws. :D :D

That cut is 2½" thick. :o :o :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Magicman

Yup, that is the way they are felled here.  You can hear a feller winding up for miles. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bkaimwood

Thanks for words of encouragement bandmillbandit...hope your right...
bk

4x4American

My old boss called the mechanized outfits "Tennis Shoe Loggers" lol
Boy, back in my day..

Bandmill Bandit

Quote from: bkaimwood on March 01, 2016, 06:53:48 PM
Thanks for words of encouragement bandmillbandit...hope your right...

Hey BK
Your welcome! As long as that mill makes enough of that sawdust (my cocain) to keep you addicted you'll figure away to make more of the stuff for less $$ and keep more $$ in your pocket. AND still have a enough saw dust!

An $800 to $1200 dollar day means you don't need 7 in a row to stay viable when your equipment don't owe you any thing and is many 1000s hours from wore out.

I may be in for some skinnier times but my phone is not ringing less this Spring.

You'll do fine. I am sure

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Peter Drouin

With the nice weather the phone is ringing with orders. 8) 8)
Anyone have a hard time selling 1x4s?
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

I got calls for 3 different portable jobs today, must be the weather.  Cept it did rain all day here..

You gotta whack of 1x4s do ya?
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

I don't like to leave them in the slabs. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

Peter ,
Advertise them as strapping they will sell  :) :)
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Bruno of NH

Bundle them in packs of 10 or 12
People think they are getting a better deal that way .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Thank You Sponsors!