iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodcutter_Mo

It's been a wet week here. There was a bit of a cold front that came through the other day and there was some frost down the road from me, I think it only got down to 39°F here that night. It's been raining off and on since Wednesday. There's been alot of hail mixed in along with an impressive lightning show last night. I havnt gotten out this morning yet but I'd say there's some significant flash flooding going on.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Woodcutter_Mo

Got out to check the cows and look the roads over. It flooded prety bad, the field to the right is a river  :o, glad the cows are fenced out of there, the fence is washed out.

-WoodMizer LT25
-Fixer-uppers/projects:

WDH

Going to get to 94° today.  Very humid and muggy.  Gnats are so bad that you can't see for the the cloud of them around your face and in your eyes. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ljohnsaw

Still waiting for the snow to melt.  In the 50's during the day but 20's overnight.  This is gonna take a while :-\

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

grouch

Apparently blackberry winter is over, here (a couple of nights in the 40sF, couple of days below 72F). Hot and muggy and headed for near 90F today. Feels like July.

Don't know about other regions but here we have Redbud winter, Easter squall, Dogwood winter, Blackberry winter and finally Linen Britches winter before summer. Each cold spell is shorter and warmer than the previous.
Find something to do that interests you.

SwampDonkey

Not quite 70 here today. Glad of it, I was removing steel roofing off the buildings.  :)

Got the mower ready for the summer, but be mowing in 2 weeks I reckon.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Woodcutter_Mo

We're going on 8"-9" of rain since yesterday. The local rivers are higher than I've seen.  :o
-WoodMizer LT25
-Fixer-uppers/projects:

Bibbyman

Big creek on our farm in central Missouri is running bank full.  It's out on the farm below us.  Three streams running into the creeks are running buck-wild.  We got an inch over night and 4" since 8:00 am.  No sign of it letting up any time soon.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

sandhills

Rain/snow here again today, the baby calves aren't liking this much, I don't ever cuss the moisture but a little sunshine would be nice too.

grouch

Blustery and 50sF here so maybe blackberry winter is still going on after all.
Find something to do that interests you.

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ox

Severe thunderstorms, power outages, downed trees and tornado warnings slated to hit anytime now.  help_me candle_smiley
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

thecfarm

Yesterday was a cool day. Today it was a cool and wet day. Them temps help keep the fly population down.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Just above freezing all day today with a over 1.5 inches of rain with some sleet and snow mixed in, blustery wind coming across the lake from Canada. Calling for 1-3" of snow tonight through middle of the day tomorrow.

Good news is after that its supposed to be sunny and nice for a few days. Hope things dry up and green up. Got a bunch of farm work I want to get done but its impossible right now.

Buckshot00

80 and sunny today.  Been windy the last 4 days.

SwampDonkey

thecfarm

We have sun and a bright blue sky.
Yesterday the parking lot did start to dry off. But the grass stayed wet.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

red

Frost warning for parts of NY State, Wed night into Thursday morning
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Bricklayer51

Frost here this morning almost gone now with the sun.

Savannahdan

Just looked at a weather radar picture and things look nasty in Missouri, Illinois, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky and parts in between.  I imagine that's the stuff headed our way and due sometime the latter part of tomorrow.  I have family in SE Missouri, Memphis, Arkansas and Tennessee.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

SwampDonkey

Sunny with a drying wind until afternoon when cloud moved in with showers in late afternoon.

Ox

Just got internet back... still no power from the storm this past Monday...we're on a generator right now....hopefully get juice back tonight sometime...
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

SwampDonkey

Hang in there, that is a long time without power. Was it an ice storm?

thecfarm

Ox,Hope all is well.
I have 36°.
Was raking leafs with a stocking hat on,in the evening hours.

Ox

Still no power, still on generator.  The storm was a severe thunderstorm.  I'm sure the straight line winds was over 70 mph when it came through like a freight train.  Power went off immediately.  Trees and wires down all over the place.  A couple places had the power line poles snapped right off with the tops hanging suspended by the wires.  They're thinking a couple tornadoes might have been on the ground around my area.  I wondered if one didn't happen nearby cause I heard that freight train noise people talk about.  It was a little worrying cause I'd never heard that noise before and we don't have a cellar to dive into.  Kids were asking what if a twister comes through?  I just said we'd all survive together or all die together, so don't worry about it and they were good with that.  Couldn't see anything either because it was dark thirty and a half so all I could see was the trees silhouetted against the sky when looking up.  When that wind hit the old trees out back heeled right over so the tops were parallel to the ground.  Never seen that happen before.  It only got 1 tree in my lot, which was lucky.  All the red pines help up great.  They don't hold up to ice storms, though.  Many of them have had their tops snapped off, but they're still growing well.

Thank You Sponsors!