iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wheel loader

Started by jmouton, March 16, 2019, 06:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmouton

well today moving logs around the loader quit and then wouldnt start again tried everything then checked compression ,  well num 1 was about 75ish ,num 2 was about 75ish and then num 3 was 50 ish,   didnt bother checking the other 3 ,,  its a 1964 hough international h-60 c ,  not worth it to put any money in , plus tring to find parts are almost impossible , especially for a 6 cyl international gas motor that is completely worn out , didnt pay much for it 4 years ago so its time to get something else,,,,   we are going to find a bobcat ,  easier to use smaller and more versatile   and faster than  an old antique loader ,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Mike W

Well if its worth $10 to try something, I would dump a couple ounces (shot glass) worth of sea foam into each cylinder, let set over night and recheck the compression.  I have had great success freeing up frozen rings with sea foam.  a 32' bay-liner with a 460 in it, had a couple really bad cylinders with as low as 15 psi on a couple, dumped the stuff in, next day, rechecked and all 8 were in the range of 125 to 130 psi.  Carbon buildup can seize rings up pretty good and loss of compression a result.  looks like you are gearing up to upgrade, sounds like that would suit your needs better by your post, may be worth the while to do this anyway, get better $$ out of the resale of the current unit it that is the plan.

used bobcats are hard to come by for a decent $, in all my years dealing with buying and selling such, it has been the norm that a bobcat that is used and affordable is totally worn out and beyond use without a complete overhaul.  We always ended up buying new when it came to those particular units.  Peeps with bobcats, usually keep them until beyond the grave, unless the exception, something that drives an emergency sale.

best of luck, 

red

We used Blue Creeper and the next day the engine in a 1950 Dodge came to Life !
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

bandmiller2

Jim, almost sounds like there are other problems. If the machine does the job its worth fixing. Try sourcing parts through aggy channels. As Mike says try sea foam. I bought an old diesel got it running but it had a skip. Dosed it good with sea foam the next day I was going to locate the bad cyl. started it and ran smooth as a babys butt. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!