iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New House Projects - Bathroom Vanities

Started by DWyatt, June 08, 2021, 08:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DWyatt

I have mentioned on here before that I am ion the process of building a new house. While I decided to hire much of the work out, I am still doing A LOT considering everything else we have going on. This included all of the plumbing supply and drains, electrical, painting, some flooring, and building all cabinets except for the kitchen cabinets. This weekend I finished up the first of 3 bathroom vanities, this one is for the master bathroom. It is Walnut that I cut down from my current property, milled, and dried. All of the drawer boxes are poplar that I milled and dried.  It is roughly 7'-6" long with the primary part of the vanity being 4'-8" and the remainder a makeup table. There is also a cabinet that is shallower than the main vanity that will sit on top of the countertop. I am extremely happy with how this came out, except the one small speck of sapwood that I was not able to get out of one of the panels.

And finally my flub ::)

barbender

Stunning! I'd like more sapwood🤷🏽‍♂️
Too many irons in the fire

WV Sawmiller

Too pretty to go in a bathroom! Can you convert them to use in the gunroom? :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

samandothers

Great job!  I like your doors, the simple look versus raised panels looks good, traditional.  I think the sapwood helps add some character and visual appeal.  Look forward to more of your creations!

DWyatt

Quote from: barbender on June 08, 2021, 08:46:04 AM
Stunning! I'd like more sapwood🤷🏽‍♂️
I like the sapwood too, but I absolutely hate working with walnut and I told my wife if I was making this out of walnut, it was going to look richy rich :D

VB-Milling

These look fantastic.  Nice clean lines!

I have several very similar projects coming up.  Bathroom vanities, makeup counter, uppers, laundry room cabinets and....I plan on doing the kitchen cabinets as well.  The current plan is maple fronts with plywood carcasses.

Did you air dry or kiln dry?
HM126

DWyatt

trimguy

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

21incher

Nice job. I love walnut but it doesn't like the sun in our house. I had fading problems until I started using a UV protected finish. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!